Quote Originally Posted by aleksandra View Post
The thing its that I have to talk about it not i an hour or two, but probably whole course 20 hours or something (I dont know the details yet), and it will be lectures for Art School students (15 person). And they will not use printer during the lesson, until the school will decide to buy, so it will be only a theory, with examples on the pictures, etc. Its easy to explain the whole thing in one hour, but to plan it for more time... its getting difficult of course I can talk about safety stuff etc. but what else ? doeas anyone of you have done some lectures properly ?
I would think that if you are creating a lecture course/module of 20 hours to incorporate 3D printing in an Arts context then your primary focus would be 3D modelling. One thing that a printer is capable of is producing sculptures or molds for sculptures in other materials. I would focus on the sculpture as an art form and producing 3D models that can be used on a 3D printer which would require 3D scanners and 3D modelling software such as Blender for instance. That would easily enable you to create a whole module.