Close

MadeSolid Introduces PET+ Filament

There certainly seems to be a ton of competition within the 3d 3rinter manufacturing market, however the competition within the 3D printer filament market is a bit less fierce. This seems to be changing though. Earlier this week we saw Polymakr launch a Kickstarter project for 3 new filament types, and just recently a company called MakeSolid has introduced a new Filament which they are calling PET+.

PET+ has several key benefits over traditional PLA and ABS filaments, which include the following:

• It’s heat resistant.
    • Extremely low amount of shrinkage
    • It’s hydrophobic. This means that water in the atmosphere does not ruin it's properties.
    • It will function fine with or without a heated build plate
    • Much more flexible
    • 100% recyclable

The company is also working on a SLA resin as well which also have many key benefits over the traditional resin used in SLA printers. These include:

• Can be extremely colorful
    • Prints with a matte finish, and a soft feeling to it.
    • Less Toxic, easier to clean up

Check out their website for more details. Pretty excited to see where they go with this. http://madesolid.com/ here is a look at a spool of PET+ filament:

Engineer
    madesolid has had both of these product available for quite awhile now. i think i have been their #1 advocator of their pet+ filament. i use it all the time and its by far the nicest stuff to print with with. it has the ease of printing of pla with little or no warping or curling and it has the strength and temp resistance of abs. the stuff is truely bas ass. since it does cost more than abs to buy i actually sat down and figured out that if i took into account all my abs failed prints, wasted power and time then the pet+ comes out to be about the same as abs does. i have probably turned this filament on to atleast 20 different people and once they get their settings right for it everyone loved the stuff. i now print everything with this stuff and quit buying abs and pla. here is a pic of a vase i printed with the clear stuff. this actually won their print of the week award about a month ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images