Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jstck View Post
    It seems to me the best option for 3d-printing metal is the selective laser sintering (or maybe the related selective laser melting) method. There's nothing in there that to me looks obviously impossible to do "reprap-style", though I don't know just how expensive such a laser is.
    Well I wasn't thinking of doing it with a laser. ;-)

you mean the metal clay thing? your still adding impurities to the metal especially if you want to print steel.. I want to be clear im not dessuading you from doing it that goes against the idea of the reprap, i just want to make you aware of failings..

Quote Originally Posted by Nistrum View Post
    you mean the metal clay thing? your still adding impurities to the metal especially if you want to print steel.. I want to be clear im not dessuading you from doing it that goes against the idea of the reprap, i just want to make you aware of failings..
    Yea I wasn't talking about doing it with the clay thing either. I know how to do it without lasers, and without clay and without induction. There will still be challenges to work around...don't get me wrong. But I've got reasonable confidence in this approach. Seriously considering a kick-starter at this point. I'm well aware of the failings, I've been rolling this around in my head for a few years now, and it just clicked for me.

Thinking I'll see about drawing up some 3d sketches in AutoCAD, get my friend to throw together a video and get this up on kick starter. ;-)

well I wish you all the best if you can get it to work out it will be a great step forward

Seth I'd love to see those sketches. This is making me very curious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12