Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    No idea if it's a new woodfill or not - you'd have to ask idig3dprinting, I won it in his competition :-)
    I just know he said it's the 'fine' version: https://www.idig3dprinting.co.uk/sho...fine-filament/
    There is only fine woodfill, we don't know why they made this distinction. The only other wood impregnated filaments colorfabb do are BambooFill and CorkFill.

(@CuriousAardvark - your XT is on the way by the way.)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep, seen the email :-)
    Cheers

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Does anyone have experience with EUMakers filament?
    http://www.eumakers.com

They have a nice range of colors and good pricing.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post

Hi

Unless the stuff is utter junk, the only real answer to "will it work for me" is to get a sample spool and play with it on your printer doing your prints. I know that's a *really* boring answer. It's not one that I happen to like, I'd much rather order a range of spools than wait and try a sample. It still is the best way to do it. Once you decide on a place, stick with it for a while. It is *much* easier to get good prints with filament from the same source than a range of spools of (now) unknown age, unknown source, "best guess material", and unknown quality. Note to self: Label the stupid spools when they come in !!!

Bob

Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post

We have tried Eumaker filaments, they seem to work fine. Like most PLA if you get your printer dialled in to that particular make then you should not have any problems. We have toyed with the idea of selling them but, for PLA we use colorfabb, for obvious reasons.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Faberdashery has nice filaments as well and they can produce custom Pantone colors though it comes at an extra cost.

Well I ordered some Sunlu filaments at about $25 each with free shipping from Gearbest.
    The color changing orange is a fun material. Before printing it's a bright orange, after printing it becomes a milky, salmony orange that turns to a light bright yellow when heated above 33C.
    The black PLA has a too high diameter (2.97-3.15mm) so is unusable, even with oil it doesn't make its way through the Bowden tube.
    Then I ordered green noctilucent PLA 3mm, but I received 1.75 flex PLA in green instead.
    I am trying out the laser engraver this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by iDig3Dprinting View Post
    We have tried Eumaker filaments, they seem to work fine. Like most PLA if you get your printer dialled in to that particular make then you should not have any problems. We have toyed with the idea of selling them but, for PLA we use colorfabb, for obvious reasons.
    well it wouldn't hurt to have a budget option as well :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well it wouldn't hurt to have a budget option as well :-)
    We are looking into this. We are trying to find a budget PLA which is of sufficient quality that we would be happy to sell it. We think we may have found one so it is a matter of logistics now.

well if you want it tested - drop me a 5m sample over and I'll give it a try :-)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast