Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FF creator still worth it?

I have a FF creator, and I am wondering if there are better solutions now? How does it measure up to other printers in that price range or even less?
    I am debating on if I should sell it and get something a little bit more user friendly if there is such a thing. I would like to know.

I look every now and then to see whats new... to be honest I don't see anything printer-wise that blows my mind. Some of the later models look very space-agey but for the most part don't anything mind-blowing. I will sticking with my FFCX for some time still.

Personally I would like to see advancements in filaments, particularly price.

One thing I will say about the FFCX is that it looks like a finished product. The FFC does not. I would love to have an enclosure for it. You know I paid about $1200 USD with two rolls of ABS. You would think they would have sold something that was finished. Its a known fact that ABS warps.

Engineer-in-Training
    The price keeps dropping, so they remain worth it.

The FFCX has no enclosure. You're thinking of the Pro. But they are easy enough to make so...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you can pick up a ctc creator x clone for under £300 now. Almost exactly half what i paid for my flashforge creator x over 2 years ago.
    And I love that machine. My klic'n'print is the higher quality machine, but it just doesn't have the character of the creator.

And while they do take a little tinkering to get the best from, they are still great machines and certainly worth the pittance they're sold for at the moment.

I'd like a bnc3d sigma as dual prints are a pita on any other system. But other than that I don't see anything being printed I can't match.

£300?! That's not bad...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    less.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTC-3D-Pri...0AAOSwBs1XMZXh

£269 and shipped from a uk warehouse. So no postage or import tax.

Seriously these things are now ridiculously cheap.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    less.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTC-3D-Pri...0AAOSwBs1XMZXh

£269 and shipped from a uk warehouse. So no postage or import tax.

Seriously these things are now ridiculously cheap.
    I've been printing with one of these next to my FF pro for awhile now. Although I like the Flash forge better, mostly because of built envelope quality, and the bed plate is not as nice (I use glass bed but it's still a less quality plate), but it still prints basically the same. I have more stringing on the CTC, but I also don't have a cooling fan hooked to it like my FF does.

I'm still quite amazed by the quality flashforge creators make. Still beats all my other printer: wanhao i3, e3d bigbox, makerfarm prusa i3v.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast