Close

Max Micron's New Dial Extruder 3D Printer

Max Micron has added to their lineup of 3D printers with a new machine offering a dual extruder 3D printer with auto-leveling and laser-engraving function. Available at 3D Printers Online Store, it offers a wide host of features, along with sturdy aluminum frame, a remote feeding E3D extrusion system, and a more lightweight design in comparison to the "traditional heavy extrusion machine design." Users can look forward to a low price of $369 with this printer, and freebies like two rolls of filament, an 8 GB SD card, and LCD screen. Read more at http://3dprint.com/109586/max-micron-dual-extruder/

This is a scam

This is a SCAM site you are shilling for on your website. 2 weeks after placing an order, I can't get a hold of anyone at the company outside of 2 clowns in mainland china with western pseudonyms "Paul James" and "Chris Leonardo". These two scam artists will tell you that the order will be shipped or a refund will happen, and neither of the two will. I'm out 300 bucks for an imaginary printer, thanks to the piss poor review process 3dprint.com has in place to vet scam online stores like these. Do you guys even know if anyone has placed a real order through the online store you do a paid advertorial for? I now have to go through paypal fraud division to see if I can get my money back from these hucksters. As far as I'm concerned, 3dprint.com is culpable for helping these fraudsters operate. I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB, naming 3dprint.com as a direct aid to the fraudsters at the 3dprinters online store. If you are reading this, make it a point to STOP using 3dprint.com, and do NOT order anything from the 3dprintersonlinestore that is linked to in this article.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I think that's the best use of a thesaurus yet :-)
    fraudsters, hucksters, shills, scam artists.
    Good stuff :-)

I suppose you could also add, if the price looks too good to be true - then: buyer beware.

Hmm, I ordered one on the 14th and received a tracking number the 15th. I will update once it arrives which should be next week. I will say I am new to 3d printing and this forum, so I will probably have a good number of questions.

I also pay with paypal any time I can. That way if I don't get roof of shipping, and can't get a valid response I can file a dispute with paypal.

I ordered this printer on the 4th and it arrived on the 15th. Even though sucka may have had a bad experience, it is not a scam.

Unfortunately, between work and family, I have not finished putting it together to be able to provide any feedback about its functionality. However, I can give anyone looking into buying this printer the issues I have run in to so far.

First off, the instructions suck. They are great for getting the general shape and order things go in, but do not provide enough details.

The measurements for the aluminum rails did not match the instructions. I assume this is because I went with the optional upgrade to the larger print bed. I just made sure everything was level and square and went with my best guess based on the pictures, so far this seems like it will be just fine.

I have also run in to a few issues where there are similar parts but no distinctions are made in the instructions. One issue I had was with the metal angle brackets used for holding the T slotted aluminum together. There are 4 brackets that do not have tabs on the bottom, these are used for the vertical rails. Since the instructions for building the base did not point his out I used them first. I did not want to take everything apart to swap these brackets out so I just filed the tabs off to get everything lined up again.

I was short 4 M3x10 screws - Not a real big deal as I was able to get new ones for about a dollar at the local hardware store. After everything was assembled I found I had quite a few M3x12 screws left that I probably could have used instead.

I was short 4 M5 T nuts. This was a bit of a bigger issue as I could not find replacements locally. what I have done for now is borrow 1 nut from the power supply bracket, 1 from the motherboard bracket, and left the LCD display off. From the reviews it looks like this has happened to other people as well.

The aluminum print bed is not square. Since the screw holes on this piece were measured from the outside edge they did not line up. I was able to get around this with a minimal amount of filing.

The instructions do not show where to connect the optional automatic leveling unit to the motherboard..... I still don't know the answer to this one. Searching for this information is what lead me to this forum. If anyone happens to know please share *edit* - it just replaces the Z stop on the motherboard.

Even with these issues my overall experience with this build has been good. I was expecting to have to do a little bit of extra work based on the reviews on the stores page. I'm planning on contacting them about some of those issues, but I want to get it up and running first to make sure there are no other problems that may require replacement parts.

*Edit - .... Fixed picture rotation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nosociallife; 12-19-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Well, I got mine monday. Directions do kinda suck, but they may have updated them as the numbers matched the upgraded size. They do have special directions on the auto level now as well. It took me a few hours to assemble it and figure out where I didn't get wires tight enough. Once together it did not take long to figure out how to set it up to print. Very simple to run straight from the SD card, gets up to temp fast, and worked straight off once I had the z height adjusted properly.

Ordered on 3dprintersonlinestore. Kit was delivered promptly on 6th business day. Parts were well packed. Hardware was well labeled in individual plastic bags. Good quality aluminum channels and excellent Z-axis lead screws. Though the instructions were lacking a bit, I had the printer assembled in a total of about 5 hours, after web video and reading manuals on the SD card. After assembling it, I can confirm that this is an excellent printer. I ran a test print, using PLA, to make sure that all parts were working as expected. The frame is very sturdy. Aluminium bed and nozzles heated quickly. Tested using SD card, Cura and Repetier-Host and had no issues. All in all, I am very happy with this printer. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for a dual extrusion printer at a budget price.

Quote Originally Posted by nosociallife View Post
    I ordered this printer on the 4th and it arrived on the 15th. Even though sucka may have had a bad experience, it is not a scam.

Unfortunately, between work and family, I have not finished putting it together to be able to provide any feedback about its functionality. However, I can give anyone looking into buying this printer the issues I have run in to so far.

First off, the instructions suck. They are great for getting the general shape and order things go in, but do not provide enough details.

The measurements for the aluminum rails did not match the instructions. I assume this is because I went with the optional upgrade to the larger print bed. I just made sure everything was level and square and went with my best guess based on the pictures, so far this seems like it will be just fine.

I have also run in to a few issues where there are similar parts but no distinctions are made in the instructions. One issue I had was with the metal angle brackets used for holding the T slotted aluminum together. There are 4 brackets that do not have tabs on the bottom, these are used for the vertical rails. Since the instructions for building the base did not point his out I used them first. I did not want to take everything apart to swap these brackets out so I just filed the tabs off to get everything lined up again.

I was short 4 M3x10 screws - Not a real big deal as I was able to get new ones for about a dollar at the local hardware store. After everything was assembled I found I had quite a few M3x12 screws left that I probably could have used instead.

I was short 4 M5 T nuts. This was a bit of a bigger issue as I could not find replacements locally. what I have done for now is borrow 1 nut from the power supply bracket, 1 from the motherboard bracket, and left the LCD display off. From the reviews it looks like this has happened to other people as well.

The aluminum print bed is not square. Since the screw holes on this piece were measured from the outside edge they did not line up. I was able to get around this with a minimal amount of filing.

The instructions do not show where to connect the optional automatic leveling unit to the motherboard..... I still don't know the answer to this one. Searching for this information is what lead me to this forum. If anyone happens to know please share *edit* - it just replaces the Z stop on the motherboard.

Even with these issues my overall experience with this build has been good. I was expecting to have to do a little bit of extra work based on the reviews on the stores page. I'm planning on contacting them about some of those issues, but I want to get it up and running first to make sure there are no other problems that may require replacement parts.

*Edit - .... Fixed picture rotation.
    Do you have a manual the pictures i have are illegible