Close

Maker bot desktop is eating the vents from a case stl

I am trying to print this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1596008, and got the top done fine, but when I preview the bottom part (3rd picture) the vents disappear in the preview. I tried flipping it 180 degrees just to see if it'd help, but no luck. Turning it on its side turn the vents into giant holes. I've tried changing the layer height, changing the raft/support settings, rotating on the z axis, nothing seems to help. I was using the Linux version but it was not the latest version so I tried the latest version on Windows with no luck.

I'm new to 3D printing but I've been having pretty good luck so far but this has me stumped. I tried replicatorg and a viewer shows the ports but when I tried printing the raft got messed up so I stopped the print. Any ideas?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    try running the file through netfabb.
    makerware can be a little choosy with some stl files.

I've had some that just plain crash makerware but load and print fine in simplify3d

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    try running the file through netfabb.
    makerware can be a little choosy with some stl files.

I've had some that just plain crash makerware but load and print fine in simplify3d
    Yeah, I want to try Simplify3d, heard good things about it, can't justify until the credit card has cooled off from the printer purchase, though

I'll look at netfabb, looks like they have a trial phase.

good article and nice urging commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    netfabb is free.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    We thought that we posted this link yesterday on this topic, where did our post disappear too?