Close

Need help troubleshooting 3D printed part

Hello everyone,

I have been having an issue with my printer for awhile now. I am currently using the Axiom printer by Airwolf3D. I have been noticing that when I print with ABS, there are gaps in the layers. I am not too sure what is causing this. At first, I thought that it would be a humidity issue where moisture from the environment would get into the ABS. I placed my ABS in an oven set to 80 deg C (approx. 175 deg F) for about 2 hours. I tried printing my part but the gaps continue to appear.

I have also tried slowing the print down, speeding the print up, higher nozzle temp, lower nozzle temp, higher bed temp, and lower bed temp and the results have been the same.

The interesting part is that I used the same settings a little over a week ago and the parts were coming out perfectly fine. Now, one week later, I can barely get any surface to be smooth.

My current settings are as follows:

Print speed: 60 mm/sec (I was able to push this up to 100 mm/sec and the print came out fine last week)
    Layer height: 0.1 mm
    Shell Thickness: 1 mm
    Bottom/Top Thickness: 0.6 mm
    Fill Density: 40%
    Printing temp (Nozzel temp): 235 deg C
    Bed Temp: 120 deg C
    Diameter: 2.9 (I am using 2.85 mm filament from airwolf manufacture)
    Flow: 100%
    Nozzle size: 0.5mm

I am attaching two pictures of the model shown below. Please, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. We are currently grounded until this is fixed.

Edit:
    Apparentyl, I am unable to upload the photos I would like. I resized the photos to ensure they are under the required dimension size and file size. Still, I am unable to upload. I apologize but I am going to have to describe the issue.
    Last edited by philm001; 06-23-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Ok, so I think that I placed this in the wrong section.

I think that the tips, tricks, and tech help is a more appropriate place