Close

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

Good day for post :-)

Not only did I get a £7.50 voucher from costco but I got a large roll of colorfabb's woodfill as well :-)
    Despite idig3dprinting trying to send it to stourbridge rather than swadlincote ;-)
    This is the roll I won in the 'identify materials' comp.
    This makes me 2 for 2 in 3d print competitions. Entered 2 - won 2 :-)
    The rather nice looking Klic'n'print replicator clone on the left of the second picture was my first prize :-)

Forum Picture upload still not working - does anyone know if this is delibarate or some sort of glitch that cropped up at the same time as the silly blue colour scheme ?

Okay here's the woodfill spool:

But untill I retrieve my chafing dishes and can put my crap bak where it usually is - not printing anything:

And yes, most of the filament in use is kept like that - ie: randomly stacked on a free surface. While the temp in my workshop varies with the season the humidity seems pretty constant at around the 45-50% mark and so far I have not had any humidity issues with filament.

So many thanks to idig3dprinting.co.uk :-)

I did buy some wood filament some time ago - came as a loose spool, yes it worked but was extremely prone to snapping mid print. Too much wood and not enough plastic I think. Hopefully - if this is the same stuff - they've improved the formula in the last couple of years and I won't have the same issues with this roll. Plus I don't have to spool it myself so that's a major improvement right there :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-22-2016 at 05:58 AM.