Close

settings and understanding "50 microns"

Hello,

Equipment:
    Makerfarm 10" prusa I3
    Makerfarm 12" Pegasus E3d6V
    Simplify3D (recent version as of this post date)

My Question. I hear a lot of people trying to print at 50 microns and 100 microns. with the equipment I have outlined above, Do i have that ability? If I do, Can someone point me in the direction of how it is actually done? is it a Simplify3d setting?

Sorry, I am new to this "micron" information.

Thanks Everyone!

Cool, Thanks. So right now, i print (in my simplify3d settings) at .15 mm layer height. In order to try printing at 50 microns, I should change that layer height to 0.05?

Technician
    Yep, exactly . Keep in mind that the preferred method to measure the approximate distance between nozzle/bed is with a piece of paper. Make sure your paper is about 50 microns thick or you may have trouble with that resolution.

OK, I have auto bed leveling currently set up. I will check to see how that performs with 50 microns. My offset is pretty accurate, but i think I put in .1mm...i'll check it out.

thanks everyone!

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Make sure your X/Y carriage belts are tight, any slop in the axes can cause a slight shift in layers will null the appearance of 50 micron printing, making it looks like a lower resolution! Good luck, and post a picture of how it turned out!