Close

I have a problem with my SD card

I have a Flashforge Creator X printer and am using CraftWare as my slicer software.

When I try and load a Gcode file from my SD card, the printer either says that the card is empty or that card reading is not going well and that I should try another card. After searching around I think that the problem is that my files are ".gcode" and not ".x3g". Another possible problem is that the SD card is an SDHC card and it is formatted as FAT32. I have heard that it needs to be an actual SD card and it has to be formatted as fat16. I am unable to format the SDHC card to fat16, I think its because the card needs to be 2gigs or less and needs to be an SD card not an SDHC. It that right?

So, does anyone know how I can get CraftWare to export as ".x3g" and not ".gcode"? Also what exactly do I need to do to get an SD card formatted as fat16?

Any help is appreciated. Also I am very new to 3D printing and haven't been able to print anything yet. The person who sold the printer to me gave me a few tips (using a glass plate on the bed, leveling the bed, giving the print something to stick to on the plate). If you guys have any tips that would help out it would be greatly appreciated.

I found a solution! The files need to be in ".x3g" format and I found a tool that converts ".gcode" to ".x3g".

Here's where i got the program In case anyone ends up with this problem: https://markwal.github.io/GpxUi