Close

Follow willowflex.eu On Twitter Add willowflex.eu on Facebook Add willowflex.eu on Thingiverse

Arrow Premium Eco-Filament WillowFlex

We are a StartUp near Berlin that has self invented the following Premium Eco-Filament:
    Product-video

Here is our last update from our co-founder Brian:
    Update of co-founder Brian

Until now makers working with the Ultimaker printers, other 2.85mm or bowden printers haven’t had the chance to test WillowFlex. That is changing now!
    BioInspiration will have the first 120 spools WillowFlex 2,85mm in Charcoal, Engine Red and Natural ready to ship on the 9th of June. To be part of this first production run, you can pre-order on the BioInspiration online shop.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds almost exactly like any other flexible pla. ie: biodegradable and made from natural, organic products.

Is it actually made from willow trees ? because that would be different :-)

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I am comparing elastic filaments - Willowflex looks promising. Thank you for supplying a datasheet but I am missing two important characteristics: elongation at break and shore A hardness. Can you provide me with these? A rough estimate will do as well - thanks in advance!

Follow willowflex.eu On Twitter Add willowflex.eu on Facebook Add willowflex.eu on Thingiverse
    Thanks to curious aardvark and ralphzoontjens for taking a look at our Eco-Filament.
    Concerning the difference to other biodegradable PLA you can find furtehr information in our
    But definitely WillowFlex is a Filament with a specific combination of different values (as shown in the image) that allows maker new innovative 3D Print Projects like this one.
    Values WillowFlex.jpg

Concerning the technical datas:
    Elongation at break: 670%
    Shore A Hardness: 83

If you are interested in experimenting with WillowFlex just purchase it directly from us:
    BioInspiration online shop.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    heat resistant to 105c ?
    Now that's interesting !

I'd lead with that in future :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    heat resistant to 105c ?
    Now that's interesting !

I'd lead with that in future :-)
    Thanks for the feedback. In this video made for our crowdfunding campaign you can see how it resists boiling water for a cup of tea.

And in the last post i forgot to put the link to our FAQs for further information.