Close

Cool Amazon Prime Increasing from $79 to $99

I just got an email confirming that when my prime renews is July the rate is increasing from $79 to $99.
    My rate increases in July 2014. So check your renewal dates!

I shop on amazon a lot so I feel like the discounted prices I get probably even out the membership fee. I will probably still come out ahead but not sure. Its probably still worth it but it pizses me off.
    Last edited by andrehoban; 03-25-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I understand because it seems as if everything is just going up and up. However, I think that the Amazon Prime membership is one of the best values you'll ever see if you do a lot of online shopping. Last year I placed 172 orders with Amazon.com. At $99 a year that makes the shipping on each order come to 57-cents per order for shipping.

Plus you get the Amazon instant access movie access. I'm not affiliated with Amazon and am not a spokesman for them. I'd guess the average shipping fee is around $8 for most things. So, if you place as few as 13 orders online you'll break even. I think most people order online at least once a month. My orders at $8 per shipment would have cost me $1,376.

From my point of view it could go to $199 a year and it would still same me money. To be honest I could never understand how they made money on it at $79/yr and even at $99/yr it's still not clear how they benefit. I wish more companies had a plan like it...

I'm sorry that your rates are going up but with a few more orders each month for stuff you'd buy anyway, you'll come out ahead and save gas while doing it.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Technician
    I think Netflix is way better than Amazon Prime, there is no extra charge for watching any film on Ntflix, plus there are loads of foreign films that have sub-titles.