Close

Banned

3D Printed KFC Chicken?

Ok I probably tricked you with the title, but I'm not lying. Data modeling firm iJet has actually 3D printed a KFC piece of fried chicken. They didn't print this using biological chicken cells though. They used a nonedible man made material, plaster of Paris, for their print. Although you can't eat this piece of fried chicken, without likely getting a belly ache, there may be a practical use for this type of 3d printing. In Japan, restaurants usually show off models of meals so that customers know the portions they are getting with each order. This may be the perfect way to do so.

Check out the original 3D printed KFC piece and then the 3D printer version. It might not fool you, but it certainly is pretty close:

3D Printed Version:

The other benefit to having this piece of chicken 3d scanned is that you can scale it larger or smaller. How about some KFC 3d printed earrings?

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    Although you can't eat this piece of fried chicken, without likely getting a belly ache .
    Which piece does this comment refer to - the original or the printed piece?

Old Man Emu

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    LOL, not sure I'd want to eat either

Technologist
    Seriously dude? 3D printed KFC chicken earrings? LOL

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Finally, the killer app.