Close

Top Consumer 3D Printer?

What is the top 3D printer on the market today that is available for consumer purchase? I don't care about price. I just want to know what the absolute best printer is that could be purchased for at home printing.

I'm just curious.

I would say Ultimaker is in my opinion one of the better printers that you can buy,
    As bang for buck goes,

If you have money enough you could go with LithoGraphy and then http://formlabs.com/ is a nice option ^^
    But i never seen it work, But it seems to do a good job if you look at Youtube.
    But beware, The fillement costs alot more ;P

I tend to think Ultimaker is one of the best as well. I've used several different printers and I've found that for the money Ultimaker is right up there with the best.

Abe

Engineer
    i made it to the ny maker faire this year and man there was alot of printers there. the new ultimaker2 looked really nice and well built. qu-bd has the revolution printer that looks fantastic for build quality. i think that is just starting to be released to the public right now and there is prob a pretty nice wait. i have a makergear m2 which is a fantastic printer as well. build quality is awesome. all steel chassis and alum components. very little plastic on it and just a fantastic company to deal with overall with super support. i think that plays an important part of a purchase decision. if a company is just hard to deal with then i dont care how good the printer is.
    Last edited by jimc; 10-17-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Jim, my son and I were at Maker Faire NY again this year so maybe we talked? I agree, one of the nicest printers I saw there was the Untimaker 2. I had a chance to play with an Ultimaker for a while this summer and liked it very much. I would love to buy the new one some day. There was a guy next to us that had a MOJO at home that he said was awesome, buy the cost to buy and print with is very high.