Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    No No,the TF-card is the little micro sd card on the motherboard.When you transfer the G-code via usb it will be stored on this internal flashcard.I know Flashforge has change de VID and PID for usb after a firmware update.So we can not use Simplyfy3D anymore over usb.And what is Flashforge doing to solve this problem?Totally NOTHING.We wait for months now to use Simplyfy3D over usb.I rolled back to a previous firmware to use the software. You can see the threat in the link.

Oke but that is not solve my problem.I am a CNC engineer so I think I have to check the G-code in the file.

https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtop...hforge+dreamer

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Menno View Post
    No No,the TF-card is the little micro sd card on the motherboard.When you transfer the G-code via usb it will be stored on this internal flashcard.I know Flashforge has change de VID and PID for usb after a firmware update.So we can not use Simplyfy3D anymore over usb.And what is Flashforge doing to solve this problem?Totally NOTHING.We wait for months now to use Simplyfy3D over usb.I rolled back to a previous firmware to use the software. You can see the threat in the link.

Oke but that is not solve my problem.I am a CNC engineer so I think I have to check the G-code in the file.

https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtop...hforge+dreamer
    Ah ok, thanks for the information, and holy cow what a mess.

So I take it that the control set does not copy the .gcode to the TF-Card when printing from the SD card??? If that's the case then I think you are on the right track with your diagnostics, and a closer look at the TF-Card is needed. If the control set does copy the .gcode to the TF-Card when SD-Card printing then I think the problem is unrelated to the TF-Card. I know, I know,... Not giving you any help/information you don't already know..

Please let us know how you make out.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hmm very odd issue indeed, I wish I could be of more help, but since the dreamer is then streaming it's own file after the gcode export, it's hard to tell exactly what it's doing.

is that big blob in the corner of your print a result of it being knocked off, or is it the reason it was knocked off?
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    The blob is the result of crashing from Z-axis into the print not from knocked of the print..I suspect that if it crash it also extrude a lot of plastic at the same time.I went to the G-code file and found sofar nothing strange.I saved the file from the internal micro sd card to my computer.I will copy that file to the external Sd card and run that file...see what happens.I think I have to inform Flashforge also.

Student
    PHP Code:
    [PHP][PHP][PHP
    [/PHP][/PHP][/PHP]
    Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Ah ok, thanks for the information, and holy cow what a mess.

So I take it that the control set does not copy the .gcode to the TF-Card when printing from the SD card??? If that's the case then I think you are on the right track with your diagnostics, and a closer look at the TF-Card is needed. If the control set does copy the .gcode to the TF-Card when SD-Card printing then I think the problem is unrelated to the TF-Card. I know, I know,... Not giving you any help/information you don't already know..

Please let us know how you make out.
    I does copy the file but not properly.The crash is at approximately 2.5mm while printing.I went into the G-code file and search for Z-movements.I can not see strange any coordinates in the file.When I print from external SD card sofar printing is fine...fingers crossed.I do have to make some tests and try to understand why this problem occurred.Also I reformat the internal sd card and put the required files on it.The printer was booting up fine.Oke first I have to do somemore testing.Can I upload also G-code files?
    Thank you guys to think with me!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so is the print starting for a few layers and then the z axis goes into reverse - or does the z axis just not drop.

I did some research and I found out when I slice with Simplyfi3D and save the G-code on the external SD card all is fine
    So why not just do that ?

I mean if doing it one way means it works and doing it another way means it does not work - then don't do it the way that doesn't work.

What do you expect to gain by using the method that doesn't work - ie: why persevere with it ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12