Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Strange behaviour Flashforge Dreamer

Hello all,

I have a strange problem with my Dreamer.While printing suddenly the printhead is crashing into the Z-axis table.Last week I had this many times.
    I slice with Simplyfi3D and Flashprint but it is not making any difference.The Dreamer is making collision after collision with my prints.Do I have to reinstall the TF card inside of the printer?
    Can anybody help me to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Menno

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Menno View Post
    Hello all,

I have a strange problem with my Dreamer.While printing suddenly the printhead is crashing into the Z-axis table.Last week I had this many times.
    I slice with Simplyfi3D and Flashprint but it is not making any difference.The Dreamer is making collision after collision with my prints.Do I have to reinstall the TF card inside of the printer?
    Can anybody help me to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Menno
    At what point does this occur? as in how high have you printed before it starts crashing into the print?

So your print starts off ok I'm guessing, but you say "while printing" so when is it while printing? it's a bit odd it would do the first few layers and not the rest - have you tried a different model or re-exported the code?
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    does it have dual extruders ?

Could simply be that they are not perfectly level. In which case one nozzle will pretty much always drag bits of the print around.

Student
    It has nothing to do with leveling or extruder hight.Well the problem occures random with almost every print while printing.Yes all my print starts off ok.I tried different models to export with several CAD Design software (Siemens NX,Solid Works,Mastercam).That could not be the problem.
    I did some research and I found out when I slice with Simplyfi3D and save the G-code on the external SD card all is fine.In Flashprint the same crashes when I sent the G-code via usb.So when I sent G-code via usb the file would be stored on the internal TF card and I think that is the problem.Maybe a corrupt TF-Card?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds more like an issue with flashprint to me.

Student
    No.Read my first post.I slice with Simplyfi3D and Flashprint but it is not making any difference.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    It has nothing to do with leveling or extruder hight.Well the problem occures random with almost every print while printing.Yes all my print starts off ok.I tried different models to export with several CAD Design software (Siemens NX,Solid Works,Mastercam).That could not be the problem.
    I did some research and I found out when I slice with Simplyfi3D and save the G-code on the external SD card all is fine.In Flashprint the same crashes when I sent the G-code via usb.So when I sent G-code via usb the file would be stored on the internal TF card and I think that is the problem.Maybe a corrupt TF-Card?
    So something is stopping the Z height from progressing..

Think about it logically I guess, X is working, Y is working, so what is it with Z? does it perform normally when homing? no odd noises?

You have been through all the google groups with the thousands of people that have had the exact same issue?
    https://www.google.com.au/?client=fi...ting&gfe_rd=cr
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    Geoff first of all I want to thank you for helping me to solve the problem.I want to show a picture but in some way I can not upload it.

Yes the printer is homing properly.No strange noises all is fine.Well I can not find anyone who have the exact same problem.They all have problems with stopping during mid print not hardcore crashes into Z-axis.I also posted this problem in google groups with a picture.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ge/rjWzj0zg3bo

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Would love to see a video of this taking place.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse

What is the TF card? (SD Card?) Does Flashprint store the print on the SD card for USB printing? I've never used printing over USB as it was extremely unreliable for me. I've also read many other people having problems with it at various times, without any 'rhyme or reason'. I suspect you have a problem with the USB communications, either in the printer, computer or USB cable..?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast