Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal24 View Post
    Yes please. Also if you have the original CAD file, it would be great.

Thanks.
    I will post that later today.
    I have to make a revision to it to allow the allen key to go through freely to tighten the screw on the bearing carrier.

I had asked Collin originally if the extruder would be able to do all the filament I use and he assured me I wouldn't run into any issues.
    I'm not going to lie but I'm a bit frustrated with the printer so far. It's been built for two weeks and I still haven't been able to print something successfully.
    I ordered an induction proximity switch to do an auto bed leveling system.
    I am also considering ordering two Titan extruders and just custom make a mount for them.
    I really need this thing to be bulletproof so I can get rid of my Da Vinci 1.0

Sorry my reply was late.
    Here is my folder with the parts I created so far for my pegasus 12.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...C1rQmdEWkpLT28

the 20mm adjustable mount goes along with the COB led light mount. It's just a 20mm base with a 5mm hole in the middle to mount on the extrusion profile.
    the DD idler is a beefier version with an enclosed guide instead of the fork type which are easy to break off.
    the dual fan shroud has a prox switch mount integrated to it for auto bed leveling with 12mm prox switch. picture is attached.
    the fused outlet housing is for outlet w/o switch. Just the fused outlet by itself for those wanting to get a separate switch.
    And lastly the filament guide is a guide for multiple filament to be mounted on the extrusion. I use it for spools that are held outside the printer frame and inserted 1/4" nylon line through the holes to limit filament friction.

Enjoy.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by OVersliders View Post
    I will post that later today.

I had asked Collin originally if the extruder would be able to do all the filament I use and he assured me I wouldn't run into any issues.
    I'm not going to lie but I'm a bit frustrated with the printer so far. It's been built for two weeks and I still haven't been able to print something successfully.
    I ordered an induction proximity switch to do an auto bed leveling system.
    I am also considering ordering two Titan extruders and just custom make a mount for them.
    I really need this thing to be bulletproof so I can get rid of my Da Vinci 1.0
    Hi

Are you still having trouble getting the printer to print? If so, what sort of issues are you having?

Bob

Ordered my 12" Pegasus today. Interested in your progress also.

Student
    First post here. Ordered my 12" Pegasus also with dual extruders. Looking forward to jumping into this.

MODERATOR NOTE: Post is late to appear due to unexpected delay in obtaining moderator approval
    Last edited by printbus; 09-16-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OVersliders View Post
    The bed leveling screws are too short making the heat bed relay touch the support frame and bulge the glass bed. It took me a while to realize the relay was the culprit.
    Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

My 12" has been printing for a couple of weeks now. It produces some really great prints. The normal "dial in the settings" stuff was every bit as frustrating as it is on any printer I've ever set up. You *always* go into it saying "it' will just work". That has never been the case on any printer I have had. I don't know if experience counts in this case or not. The Pegasus did set up a lot quicker than previous printers have. It could be luck as well.

The loop I'm talking about is this one:

1) Is the bed still level or is there a screw not tight enough?
    2) Is a screw to tight?
    3) Is the manual bed leveling delivering consistent results? Is that my fault or the printer's?
    4) Is the glass positioned properly or is it up on a washer? (yes that happened)
    5) Is the Z offset to much or to little? Bump it another 0.05 mm and try again.
    6) Is there to much (or to little) hair spray on the glass?
    7) Are each of the axis's square to each other? Get the 12" calipers out and check the measurements again.
    8) Are you sure? Get the 98-6 level out again and check? Is the table flat .. oopss ... ? Is the table level ...oopss ?
    9) Do the extrusion settings in *this* slicer version work correctly? Fiddle them and try again.
    10) Is there play in any axis? Are the belts tight?
    11) Is the Nomex pushing on the heated bed? Pull out a sheet ...
    12) Is anything binding / dragging?
    13) Print another test object and check it.
    14) Go back and loop again.

Yes, it's a fine and wonderful day's worth of fiddling. It's also why I didn't pay 3 to 5X the price and *still* have to do almost all of the same stuff. All of the settings in terms of temperatures and speeds are still "stock". I'm using eSun filament so that's not a big surprise.

The kit I got does not have a relay on the bed heater PC board. The relay comes as a little board that attaches to the frame. That eliminates a lot of weird issues with the relay. It also made it easier to simply toss. I went with a dirt cheap 100A SSR in it's place....

Bob

Student
    Started my build last night with my 16 yr old daughter. Dual extruder. Question, are you guys using the wooden spool holders or fabbing a different better one? I am trying to minimize taking this frame apart once its all put together if that is even possible lol.

MODERATOR NOTE: Post late to appear due to delay in obtaining moderator approval
    Last edited by printbus; 09-16-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

There was a question here about bed leveling and then it went away ... hmmm ...

Manual bed leveling seems to work very well on this machine. Servo bed leveling has issues with servos and temperature. Inductive bed leveling zeros to the pc board under the glass. Either way, the automatic approach has issues on a "stock" machine. I suppose you could glue tin foil to the back of the glass ... sounds like a pain ...

Bob

Student
    Hi Bob,

That was my question. I deleted it because I realized that the video answered my question. Thanks for your input though. I have a lot of things to learn before I venture into modding a machine like that.

Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast