Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    but importing stuff from korea - is going to make it a lot more expensive.

The Up Box has is enclosed and has a built in air filter specifically to reduce air pollution.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    The CELRobox looks good, it would be my second choice after the Ultimaker Original.
    I can guarantee that it is engineered well (made in Holland) and needs only minor replacements/maintenance.
    It has a great build volume and relatively small footprint. Being made of wood it will fit nicely in a woodworking shop as well.
    I would not worry about the PLA particles, the fumes contain very little toxic ingredients especially when compared to 3D printing ABS.
    It is fully biologically degradable and the smell is pleasant. So far IMO nothing has beaten the Ultimaker for generic 3D printing purposes.

Engineer
    If you're worried about respiratory's safety, you're just paranoid.
    You will unlikely work 24/7, especially in school environment, most of them are still noisy and will distract the people. But then, with insecticide found in fruits, smog in city, orther nasty crap found in water; the people should be worrying what's more relevent.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by KallenX View Post
    PLA is made from vegetable sugars is it not. Probably as toxic as breathing in wood dust. Polycarbonate I hear is quite toxic though, among other kinds of filament
    Just because you can eat something does not mean you can breath it. For example, rice hull fiber is GRAS (generally recognized as safe) according to the FDA. However, I suggest you not breath it. Water, critical for life as we know it. I, again, suggest you not attempt to breath it.

Toxicity and breathability are completely dissimilar aspects of something and not necessarily mutually inclusive of each other.

Also, just because something is made from something else that isn't toxic does not infer that the resulting product is also not toxic.

I agree with everyone here that enclosed is probably best for a 3D Printer in school. There are quite a few options for this. Here are a few I would recommend.

AIO Robotics Zeus
    https://www.3dprinteruniverse.com/co...eus-3d-printer

Zortrax M200
    https://www.3dprinteruniverse.com/co...200-3d-printer

Flashforge series
    https://www.3dprinteruniverse.com/co...s?q=Flashforge

And lastly, even though it is not enclosed it is easy to use and quite cheap allowing you to get multiple printers

M3D The Micro
    https://www.3dprinteruniverse.com/co...cro-3d-printer

Here is a 5% off coupon for any 3D Printer as well. Use code ZAKI7ZKFSB7Q

Let me know if there is anything else you may be interested in and I'll see if I can get you a discount.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    You don't need to buy a printer that has its own enclosure. Most printers can be enclosed by construction of a suitable enclosure to surround it, commonly out of plexiglass or polycarbonate. If your school has a wood shop, well, there ya go. They can build you an enclosure quite cheaply.

I would also recommend an enclosed 3D printer if you don't want to build your own enclosure. But yeah in a school where safety is important its nice if its enclosed because the printers do have hot working parts which could be a safety issue. For schools you also don't really have to spend so much on one 3D printer, I would say just buy a couple of cheaper FDM printers so more people can use them and you'll get more out of your money.

For schools i would say get a couple of Qidi tech dual extruder 3D printer.Its enclosed,one of the top sold 3d printers and is a dual extruder 3d printer which lets you print with 2 different color materials at the same time making it a bit more colorful. If you have any problems the company has excellent costumer service which is very helpful.

Here is a review of the printer if your interested http://3duality.com/top-color-3d-printers-under-1000/

I would suggest go for Createbot Supermini seen at prices low as $273

Check out the Zortrax M200

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast