Close

He 3D Ciclop 3D Scanner is Cheap, Versatile, Retails at $145 Bare Bones

A 3D scanner can be built using various different technologies, each technology has its pros and cons i.e limitations, advantages and costing. If you are an early adopter of this technology and want to start from the basics you should definitely give the He 3D Ciclop 3D Scanner a look. This 3D scanner is the cheapest and the most versatile 3D scanner available in the market at a very bare minimum price of $145.00 (DIY Kit Un-assembled) you can get an assembled 3D scanner by adding another $100.00 to the initial $145.00. Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/136503/he-3d-bq-ciclop-3d-scanner/

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I actually now have one of these, apart from the really bad print quality of the parts, the thing actually works! and it only cost me $99. Takes 15 mins to build and figure it out, you're scanning in no time.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    got any scans ?

It's been around for a couple of years as a diy kit, but from what i gathered the software was never much good.
    Has that been improved ?

Well I have to admit judging by the construction video - even I could do that :-)

Okay, lets see if anyone in the uk is flogging these kits.

Hmm, guy in spain selling them over amazon - about £132. Which seems reasonable - as long as the software can now convert the point cloud to a solid printable shape, apparently that's been the problem with it for the last year or 2.

Ah bq are a spanish company, after converting euros to pounds, looks like £124 icn delivery.
    I can live with that.
    And that's with the new injection moulded parts.

So this horus software - does it actually work ?

Ah - the £124 is JUST for the electronics. No actual build parts. for the complete kit it's nearer £200.

Approx twice the price of that deal in the states.

Hmm, not sure if this is kosher or mistake. But I went to the 3dprinters online website. $134, put in my address - ie: derbyshire, england and it didn't add any postage. just left a fedex 4 day delivery as costing $0

So the whole kit, inc delivery is around £93
    It doesn't sound right to me - but bugger it I'm going to buy one and see what happens :-)

Well, that's apparently gone through. £72 plus some dollars I had in my paypal account.

So I guess now it's wait and see.
    Can't believe the postage should really have been free, but it went all the way through and checked my address a couple of times.
    :-)

Looks like I've just bought a 3d turntable scanner for under £100.

0.5mm resolution, should be enough for messing about with.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-02-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    got any scans ?

It's been around for a couple of years as a diy kit, but from what i gathered the software was never much good.
    Has that been improved ?

Well I have to admit judging by the construction video - even I could do that :-)

Okay, lets see if anyone in the uk is flogging these kits.

Hmm, guy in spain selling them over amazon - about £132. Which seems reasonable - as long as the software can now convert the point cloud to a solid printable shape, apparently that's been the problem with it for the last year or 2.

Ah bq are a spanish company, after converting euros to pounds, looks like £124 icn delivery.
    I can live with that.
    And that's with the new injection moulded parts.

So this horus software - does it actually work ?

Ah - the £124 is JUST for the electronics. No actual build parts. for the complete kit it's nearer £200.

Approx twice the price of that deal in the states.

Hmm, not sure if this is kosher or mistake. But I went to the 3dprinters online website. $134, put in my address - ie: derbyshire, england and it didn't add any postage. just left a fedex 4 day delivery as costing $0

So the whole kit, inc delivery is around £93
    It doesn't sound right to me - but bugger it I'm going to buy one and see what happens :-)

Well, that's apparently gone through. £72 plus some dollars I had in my paypal account.

So I guess now it's wait and see.
    Can't believe the postage should really have been free, but it went all the way through and checked my address a couple of times.

Looks like I've just bought a 3d turntable scanner for under £100.

0.5mm resolution, should be enough for messing about with.
    I am still fine tuning the lasers, it seems the finer you can get the beam the better it works, so I just need to adjust the distance of the rotating platform.

Look, it;s basic and bare bones as it gets. Some threaded rods, nuts, bolts, arduino uno, a motor driver addon board, stepper motor, wrong power for my country adapter, logitech camera...

It's the Bqlabs but on a tight budget, it's nowhere near as clean, the parts are pretty much bottom line bargain, even down to the lasers. The main section that holds the laser arms IS plastic injection moulded, so that is about the only plus. Why they didn't mould the whole thing I don't know.

So far the scans appear to be pretty clean, but i've not completed one yet. They give you the crappiest printed parts, the bed does not rotate evenly, it dips at one point and screws the scan up, but this will be fixed with some glue. So all in all, look for $99 AU, which works out to like $75U.S, you are paying for parts as is. I got a deal on it because I bought their hunkajunk dlt-600 big delta. Drunk, ebay, no comment.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol, okay okay.

Hopefully mine will bea slightly better quality kit :-)