Close

Question Capacitive sensor issue?

Hello all,

Recently i replaced my servo/micro switch setup with a LJC18A3-B-Z/AY 18mm capacitive sensor. I have the power going to the Brown wire, 12v straight from the PSU. The black wire gets a 15k resistor and the blue gets a 10k resistor, wired in with the black, after the 15k.
    The sensor works, in that the LED lights up on the sensor. Marlin shows that the sensor is plugged in but, when the sensor is triggered, it does not stop. I have tried inverting the probe file and, still, no dice.

FW: Marlin 1.0.3
    Ramps 1.4
    Makerfarm Prusa i3v 12"

I would really like for this to work and Im sure that its spomethign simple that im just not getting. The M119 I get, doesnt show that the sensor has been triggered....

SENT: M119
    RECEIVED: Reporting endstop status
    RECEIVED: x_min: open
    RECEIVED: x_max: open
    RECEIVED: y_min: open
    RECEIVED: y_max: open
    RECEIVED: z_min: open
    RECEIVED: z_max: open
    RECEIVED: ok
    SENT: M105
    RECEIVED: ok T:21.2 /0.0 B:20.6 /0.0 T0:21.2 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
    RECEIVED: ok T:20.9 /0.0 B:20.7 /0.0 T0:20.9 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
    RECEIVED: ok T:21.0 /0.0 B:20.6 /0.0 T0:21.0 /0.0 @:0 B@:0
    SENT: M119
    RECEIVED: Reporting endstop status
    RECEIVED: x_min: open
    RECEIVED: x_max: open
    RECEIVED: y_min: open
    RECEIVED: y_max: open
    RECEIVED: z_min: open
    RECEIVED: z_max: open
    RECEIVED: ok

First M119, i left the sensor alone, the second, I triggered the sensor but, I get no reading.

On the ramps, the wiring for the sensor is Blue, Black, Blank

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

I have flipped the Z endstop plug where it is Blank, Black, Blue. This tells that the endstop is triggered. Would it be that I need to swap the black and blue wires in the plug so that it is Black, Blue, Blank?

Swapping wires didnt work. Messed witht eh firmware a little following Toms Guides and, the sensor still shows triggers but, the firmware does not.

I think I got it. The enstop was wired according to every picture Ive ever seen for the RAMPS board. Blue/Black/Blank. I hard wired the blue to ground and, have the black, sense wire to the first pin on the Z-MIN. Now all thats left is to get the firmware to understand there is no ZMAX and adjust the offset.