Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post
    It was always a kit. Some assembly required. They have always made that clear.

As to practicality: you put resin in, you get a print out. What exactly to do find not being practical about it? I mean, my local makerspace has a 1500 USD lolzbot that's completely unusable until someone takes apart the print-head to sort out the jam in it (which will be me, if noone else gets to it before wednesday). Is that more practical? (not to rip on the lolzbot, it's actually a pretty decent extrusion printer.) Anything non-trivial in 3D printing requires some technical expertise, that's just the nature of it.
    Are you really comparing the Peachy with a lulzbot? Anyway, like I said, IMO the sound driven stereolithography hardware in the Peachy is sketchy at best. There are far better, more stable technologies available right now, so I just don't see the point. I guess time will tell, but I seriously doubt ANY manufactures will be moving to sound driven stereolithography at any appreciable rate.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Rich say's it WAY better then I ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Are you really comparing the Peachy with a lulzbot? Anyway, like I said, IMO the sound driven stereolithography hardware in the Peachy is sketchy at best. There are far better, more stable technologies available right now, so I just don't see the point. I guess time will tell, but I seriously doubt ANY manufactures will be moving to sound driven stereolithography at any appreciable rate.
    Yes I'm making the comparison. I've seen the lolzbot have all types of adhesion problems and jam so bad we had to take the printhead apart to fix it. That's one of the better units on the market. None of these failure modes are even possible with the peachy's design.

As far as using sound, none will, INCLUDING the peachy. They dropped using audio a full year ago, when they decided it was to fiddly to be effective. While the official repos do include the audio design (they include a number of experimental designs), the 1.14 version (which was the one they where planning on shipping) attaches via USB. Of course, you (and this "Rich" person) wouldn't know that, because you can't be bothered to actually look up what's going on before opening your mouth.

Technician
    Yes I'm making the comparison. I've seen the lolzbot have all types of adhesion problems and jam so bad we had to take the printhead apart to fix it. That's one of the better units on the market. None of these failure modes are even possible with the peachy's design.

As far as using sound, none will, INCLUDING the peachy. They dropped using audio a full year ago, when they decided it was to fiddly to be effective. While the official repos do include the audio design (they include a number of experimental designs), the 1.14 version (which was the one they where planning on shipping) attaches via USB. Of course, you (and this "Rich" person) wouldn't know that, because you can't be bothered to actually look up what's going on before opening your mouth.
    then again, YOU do not seem to do much research either, richrap has been heavily involved in the 3d printing industry for several years now, and while he mostly focuses of FFF printers, he still does some experimental testing (again mostly in FFF printers, materials, and testing of methods) and has designed and created a couple of printer designs. while I have been following the industry for a bit longer than richrap has been posting, his posts have been quite thought provoking and even usesful to this relative novice (have NOT designed and built a printer, but have built, tuned, troubleshot & fixed several printers (all FFF) and have attempted to help with the peachy as a beta/1 of the 10

I didn't mention any of the iterations of the ~3 year dev cycle, because it's moot, in the end the result is the same. I do wish you the best with your Peachy experiment, may it work out to be the productive / useful printer you desire it to be.
    Last edited by ServiceXp; 06-03-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12