Close

Hybrid View

3d print an automatic nanoscale factories

So, many have been wondering how to build a self replicating nanorobots. Some have the idea to have the nanorobot replicate itself. My idea is first to build an automatic factory that can be 3d printed, like a car factory that can assemble parts. Second, the factory would be 3d printed in nanoscale so it can produce nanobots, let the factory's power source be battery, let there be glue for individual nano particles. Do you guys think this is doable?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    relectant to say anything is impossible.

But you're not going to do it with any kind of off the shelf machine.
    And there are already nano-scale printers and projects in universities around the world.

So yeah, probably doable.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    relectant to say anything is impossible.

But you're not going to do it with any kind of off the shelf machine.
    And there are already nano-scale printers and projects in universities around the world.

So yeah, probably doable.
    Well you are right, most of the nanomachine printers require some type of laser. One that assembles without using a laser is still a bit of a stretch, but 3d print an automatic factory just seems like a cool idea. I mean there's already 3d printed house from China. Maybe 3d print a laser device? There's also 3d printer that prints a 3d printer, I might have heard that idea somewhere. The idea is to have it cheap, fast, and accessible to everyone

P.S. And this is just pure awesomeness
    Last edited by fredreload; 05-14-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fredreload View Post
    Well you are right, most of the nanomachine printers require some type of laser. One that assembles without using a laser is still a bit of a stretch, but 3d print an automatic factory just seems like a cool idea. I mean there's already 3d printed house from China. Maybe 3d print a laser device? There's also 3d printer that prints a 3d printer, I might have heard that idea somewhere. The idea is to have it cheap, fast, and accessible to everyone
    is just pure awesomeness
    I think it is a hopeless idea. It is not profitable. In addition, it is important that 3D printers are able to change some details.