Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Diy it?

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by thej View Post
    @Rylan
    That's awesome! My question was a poorly timed as your latest update answered many questions (I even caught "MicroFab" on the boxes ;-)

On another note, I'm planning a trip out your way in about a month and I would like to meetup with you briefly as I'm passing through.
    I would like to continue this conversation via email.

Email me at thej@?sha?w?.?c?a (remove the obvious char) and let me know what you think!

j
    cool Yes Id love to show you everything in person! ... emailing you now

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

I've converted the PCB to Kicad, for anyone who would rather use that then eagle. (I have kicad installed, and would rather not have to have eagle installed as well)
    https://github.com/oninoshiko/peachyprinter-pcb

This repo ONLY has the mini-1.14 version, which I believe is the version Peachy was preparing to ship. I'm still working on cleaning it up a little, so, YMMV.

EDIT: I've got it down to 5 ERC errors... (I'm not really sure about fixing these, so I'm leaving them for now. When/if I have some free time, I'll revist that cleanup)

EDIT 2: Hey @rylangrayston, can we get an offical license for these? There isn't one there, so my repo is probibly (technicaly) violating your copyright.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 05-28-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post
    GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!
    I totally read that in Professor Farnswort's voice.

Now that the board is progressing, the only component I personally need are the mirrors. I can probably source everything else locally.

@rylangrayston I am sure you tested numerous mirrors, which company produced the ones you have now?

I will gladly pay for postage if you can pop 2 sets of mirrors into an envelope and send them to me. 😆

I have a little Question abou the printing itself .
    On earlyer video's i saw oszilated lines from the laser .. like a full picture at once .. in the last one i think i see just a wandering point (more like the extruder type of printing , the movement i mean)

Is my observation corect ? does the galvo just have to make slow movements ?

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldschratt View Post
    I have a little Question abou the printing itself .
    On earlyer video's i saw oszilated lines from the laser .. like a full picture at once .. in the last one i think i see just a wandering point (more like the extruder type of printing , the movement i mean)

Is my observation corect ? does the galvo just have to make slow movements ?
    In real time the galvos make slow wandering movements... the laser dot moves at about 100 mm per second.
    In a time laps video, with the camera shutter exposing for many seconds you get to see the laser as a path rather than a spot.

Student
    How do you download from The Github repositories? Other github repositories I've used had a "download files" button and signing up appears to create a new repository.
    I've been copy & pasting from the RAW text view into notepad but this is getting tedious fast!
    Please enlighten this Git nub.

Senior Engineer
    Install git then git clone the files.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by thej View Post
    How do you download from The Github repositories? Other github repositories I've used had a "download files" button and signing up appears to create a new repository.
    I've been copy & pasting from the RAW text view into notepad but this is getting tedious fast!
    Please enlighten this Git nub.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+use+git

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    In real time the galvos make slow wandering movements... the laser dot moves at about 100 mm per second.
    In a time laps video, with the camera shutter exposing for many seconds you get to see the laser as a path rather than a spot.
    Is this a limitation of the resin?

The resin needs to be exposed to UV light "X" amount of time to set. You can do that in 2 ways: quick repeated passes (so you would actually see it as lines, not a dot) or slowly so it only needs a single pass... Total amount of exposure time required remains the same in both options!
    The latter allows for more accuracy...

Which one would you prefer?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast