Close

Wink Exemption from certification of electronic products for the purpose of research....

Very Interesting!!!!!!!

I stumble across this -- "The Consumer Electronics Manufacturers Association has requested that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), expand the exemption for consumer products imported for the purpose of test and evaluation during design and production development."

And notice this in the article "Exemption from certification of electronic products for the purpose of research, investigations, studies, demonstrations, or training is permitted by Section 538(b) of the Act. "

http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-Emittin.../ucm118732.htm

humm..... If peachy sold printer as a final product....they require certificate...

I'm pretty sure peachy isn't ready as a final product to general consumer anyway.
    If peachy recruit all backers as developer to "research, investigations, studies, demonstrations, or training" then..... ^_*

Let's all become a peachy printer developer/researcher/tester

Electronics is my weak link, solder hates me!!. Blender I love. Programming I love.

But someone just needs to sell this thing as a part list. Then we can buy what we need and get stuff for hacks. Clearly a piece of laser cut ABS is worth more than the ABS sheet. A small pack of magnets and mirrors worth more sold as components than the cheapest supplier. Its so clear this business is viable its annoying. The kick starter method is flawed just do it as a shop. Buy stock add value and sell at a profit. Why can't millennials do capitalism.

Eventually I hope someone makes a shop front with these components. Even I have bought laser component before it was no big deal. I just want a one stop shop for the electronic bits I find the hardest. Give me a thousand lines of C++ over components all with different power draws and that break outside those limits.
    Last edited by Alchemy; 05-14-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    Let's all become a peachy printer developer/researcher/tester
    With it being OS and now a DIY job I guess this is true,

I really wish Rylan would pop his head in and help answer some questions. There's little chance of use continuing this unless we have a head start.