Close

HD^2 High Definition 3D Printer

Hey guys, here's another new printer trying to raise $89k on Kickstarter to fund their production:

http://3dprint.com/1517/hd2-3d-print...n-kickstarter/

The HD^2 features extraordinary accuracy of just 25 microns, has a decent sized print bed, and will cost just $1799 fully assembled. If interested in helping to fund this new printer, check out theKkickstarter project for it below:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-and-heavy-du

Here is a picture:

Cool 2014 is the Year of the 3D Printer!

Id like to introduce myself, I am the co-creator of the new HD^2 3D Printer. Thank you everybody for checking out my new 3D printer, which I created and designed with my best friend Jae Kim. We are the co-creators of this amazing printer, and each piece has been painstakingly designed to specifications to make this one of the Highest Definition and seriously Heavy Duty 3D Printers available. I mean, look at that extruded aluminum and upgraded linear bearings, gt2 timing pulleys, and dual extruders. She is a beauty!

Here is a picture:
    [/QUOTE]

Welcome Ryan! What exactly does High Definition mean in 3D Printing? Does that mean better resolution?

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum!!

Yes. This printer is capable of printing up to a 25 MICRON resolution. This means that more details can be added to the particular model which you are printing, due to the fact that many pieces of actual hardware on the 3D printer have actually been upgraded to more accurate and more expensive products. The ability to create higher accuracy with higher caliber hardware creates the (up to) 25 Micron resolution available on the HD^2. Note that at 25 micron resolution, the print will take four times longer than normal, but will have four times the detail of other printers available with an up to 100 Micron resolution available.