Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP peachy?

Rylan,

I understand you're in a very shitty situation right now, Given you can't even pay your rent this month. I'm sure you're under a lot of stress.
    But I believe peachy is a great idea and don't deserve to die. So hang on and get thru this crisis.

We all want this project to complete. And I think there must be some insightful investor who can spot the value in your company and consider to invest.
    But with the burden of fulfilling all backer's kit. Investing certainly look less attractive. If we can minimize the obligation to us. There should be very high chance of finding new investor.

Crowdfunding have the attribute of community. In a community people help out if possible. so let's act together to make some plan to resolve the situation.

Please make a clear list of what's currently ready. Such as...

1.Design~ Is it 100% complete? If not, what's on the task list.

2.Parts~ You have all the parts required for each kit? If not, What's missing and how much will it cost?

3.Packaging~ Is it ready? if not, I'm certain all will agree to receive it in some plastic bag rather than nothing.

4.Shipping~ How backers are distributed globally? I'm sure shipping to individual backer will be more expensive than to ship to some regional backer then let us help distribute the kits using local shipping. (Personally I'm in HongKong and I'm willing to help to re-mail them to backers in HongKong/China/Taiwan etc. (of course those backers have to pay for the actual shipping).

5.Certificate~ If you ship components (support structure/PCB etc.) and omit the laser diode, that could be treat as parts instead of a product. And we have to do the actual manufacturing. Will that eliminate the need for Class1 cert.? Since we're getting some sort of parts. (we can purchase the laser diode on our own if you give us the spec.)

If we can take some obligation/workload off the manufacturing/shipping pipeline, Investing will certainly look much more attractive.

Let's work this out guys~

You have the parts for EVERYTHING, why can't you scribble up some installation diagrams and ask for $20 for shipping for the parts? Its unknown at this time how many backers have received beta kits, but that should be enough to complete your work.

Is it the best you could've done? No, but its the best you can do in this situation.

The courts are going to drag this out which is annoying. But I'll be sending emails out to the police/Crown/attorney general to see how much attention I can drum up.

The internet loves stories like this...buzzfeed, mashable, etc are all going to know David Boe's name and one way or another he's going to jail. Dumbass.
    Last edited by SideWinderGX; 05-11-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Can't spell names apparently

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinderGX View Post
    ...buzzfeed, mashable, etc are all going to know David Bowie's name
    Yep, David Bowie is gonna be a regular household name by the time this is all done. People might even write songs about him...

Seriously though, this is all terrible news. People are generally being pretty kind here so far, but I'm disappointed and angry that we weren't told sooner. Whether you thought the situation could be resolved at the time or not the fact is that the investment was totally mismanaged and we were led on. I fully understand that Kickstarter is a gamble, and that there are a million different reasons why the project could've failed. I just personnaly take offense to being led on for years, YEARS, when Rylan could've come clean with the whole situation much earlier, and we could've cut our losses or dug a little deeper in our pockets to help then. I'm really not sure why it was kept secret for so long. If David Boe had actually repaid all the money AFTER Rylan found out but BEFORE we did would David still be part of the team? Would all have been forgiven? All keeping it secret for so long served to do for me was throw Rylan's credibility into question.

I agree that Rylan should put a plan, and a cost, together for shipping the kits in their current form to paid backers. If that's impossible for some reason then LET US KNOW. If these are truly the only hurdles then send a link and instructions on where to buy a certified laser and how to install it, and ship out in simple packaging. Backers could then choose to pay that cost and take their chances again with Rylan to maybe get something sooner, or wait for an outcome in court or a new investor and maybe get something then.

Rylan, you seem like a smart, nice guy, who got dealt a raw deal, but i'll have to think long and hard before I send you another dime.

LOL oops, could've sworn it was Bowie and not Boe. They'll know both then, the work is half done.

Ryan, you had a great idea. The liquid levelling was genius. But....

David did you the favor of opening a personal bank for you to put the funds into?!? You didn't even need two signatures to withdraw money? Are you an idiot?

Oh and I like the theme music for big bad news. Really should have had some violins though.

Getting some mainstream attention now!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kickstart...102604346.html

How many years in jail do you think a person would get, when the full weight of the internet and thousands of backers scream for justice? Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I count a lot of squeaky wheels.

How many years in jail do you think a person would get, when the full weight of the internet and thousands of backers scream for justice? Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I count a lot of squeaky wheels.
    Jail/Prison won't solve anything here. The Canadian Justice system forcing the sale of David's house to repay his debts would be justice, people rotting in prison would just prevent everyone from getting what they wanted. (Peachy it's funds back, Us our printers, etc.)

Super Moderator

This has now made the BBC and Slashdot. Will probably be appearing on the CBC shortly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36271249

https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/0...100-3d-printer

EDIT : Yup, CBC is covering it, as is Global.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/peachy-printer-3d-saskatoon-alleged-theft-kickstarter-1.3577267

http://globalnews.ca/news/2695450/former-3d-printer-co-owner-allegedly-embezzles-crowdfunding-money-to-build-sask-house/
    Last edited by Compro01; 05-11-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I'm pretty sure this is going to be a civil case. No one is going to prison for this

Quote Originally Posted by Chayat View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is going to be a civil case. No one is going to prison for this
    You're likely quite mistaken. Once the police (not to be confused with The Police (I think we all love Sting, but his powers are limited), as Rylan did) are involved, things are likely to get very uncivil (in every sense of the term).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast