Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP peachy?

Senior Engineer
    The sad fact is that now the leachy (sorry peachy) lawyers are involved the only winners will be them.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    crap, that sucks.
    And this all happened in 2013/4 ?

Damn rylan, that's some serious stress you've been under.
    I'm not an investor - but honestly I don't see how you could have tried harder to keep things going.

Good luck for the future, it's such a good setup you've got there that someone will surely offer investment.
    To see a kickstarter doing it right, that's brung low by theft rather than the usual incompetence - really is tragic.

Good luck mate.

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I'd also be interested in getting the kit sans laser if that was an issue.

Being one of the 10 makes me feel even more Bummed. I was so close to holding it in my hands!

I'm glad you didn't do the plan of using current orders to fund pledges though.i would have felt uneasy being effectively the first tier of a ponzi scheme (I know it's not but that's how it would have felt)

Rylan, while not one of your backers, I admire your courage and persistance. Good luck finding investors to go on.

It feels terrible that I bought into Peachy in January about a year after this was known and not mentioned.

However cash flow can be a killer and it goes wrong for many reasons. If Peachy can just start shipping the resin business will make the money.

Any how best of luck to Ryan. I'd certainly back another campaign.

Technologist
    Wow, it's like the Makibox all over again - but with more crime and less incompetence.

Would there be a possibility of having backers pay a bit more to cover the cost of the remaining parts needed? With the stock already on hand, and the vast majority of development work complete, would $50/backer cover it? After all, for $150 the Peachy would still be extremely cheap. Otherwise, could Peachy offer resins (eg. the nice flexible ones) with a deal where you buy 1L of resin for $100 and get both the resin and your pre-ordered printer?

I've already received my Peachy, but I've obviously got an interest in the company surviving and continuing (for spare parts, upgrades, etc). If that means spending a bit extra, I'm open to that.

To be honest I just can no longer trust the peachy printer at all. Its very tempting to offer to pay $50 more just to get my peachy in my hands after all these years, but there is no trust. Hiding this from the people who helped fund the project is simply not acceptable. Although we have no say in how you use funds, and no say in the direction of the project, everything peachy has said from the start has been about open source and transparency. This is just simply no longer the case. I do not really care about the $100 odd plegded to peachy. Backing projects on kickstarter is always risky, and projects sometimes do not deliver. I slightly do care that my money went towards building a house for someone, hell, I would love to build a house with someone else's money, but I can get over that too. Someone essentially steals my printer years ago and it is behind a veil of secrecy, well that just enrages me. Not cool Ryan, not cool!

The video was very well made, with cool graphics and you seem very genuine, but how can any backer truly trust the content of that or any of your previous videos. You claim that it would have hurt the project somehow to announce this earlier? I disagree. The failure to disclose sooner than this has hurt peachy way more.

Technician
    like slatye, I have received my beta printers(and even a few extra(but very cheap) spare parts), but would like to see this project actually complete and might even be able to contribute a small amount to help the other backers get their printers and continue support
    rylan,
    a suggestion regarding the assets of the crime( ie house) should be siezed from the the perpitrator, and sold, then the benefits of the sale go to the victim(s)(ie peachy printer company and the peachy printer backers)

Very sad news! I´d be happy to chip in, say, $50 more to get my Peachy. I´m sure others would as well. Why not set up some sort of gofundme-deal or something?

mattsoftware is right, Rylan you waited too long to go public. Once you lose trust it is difficult, and impossible for some, to earn it back. I lost some of mine years ago with the continual (almost professional) positive updates about delays with the Peachy. And because of those delays my window of opportunity to help with early development was missed - so I moved on to other projects, instead becoming passive on this one.

Ref the forum comments on additional funds, that's pretty hard for me at least at this point to fathom putting in more. At this point I'm not sure how much transparency there would be going forward. Trust indeed is a very hard thing to earn back.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsoftware View Post
    To be honest I just can no longer trust the peachy printer at all. Its very tempting to offer to pay $50 more just to get my peachy in my hands after all these years, but there is no trust. Hiding this from the people who helped fund the project is simply not acceptable. Although we have no say in how you use funds, and no say in the direction of the project, everything peachy has said from the start has been about open source and transparency. This is just simply no longer the case. I do not really care about the $100 odd plegded to peachy. Backing projects on kickstarter is always risky, and projects sometimes do not deliver. I slightly do care that my money went towards building a house for someone, hell, I would love to build a house with someone else's money, but I can get over that too. Someone essentially steals my printer years ago and it is behind a veil of secrecy, well that just enrages me. Not cool Ryan, not cool!

The video was very well made, with cool graphics and you seem very genuine, but how can any backer truly trust the content of that or any of your previous videos. You claim that it would have hurt the project somehow to announce this earlier? I disagree. The failure to disclose sooner than this has hurt peachy way more.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast