Close

Thread: Printing thin

Student

Printing thin

After a somewhat large print job, my printer is now printing all items thinner. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Try to check your hot end for a partial blockage. I usually do this by heating the hotend and then inserting a thin metal wire (from a metallic brush for instance) into the tip (from below). Take precautions.

It could be due to increased friction on the filament path but improbable.

OR, would you somehow have modified (by mistake ?) your flow rate parameter ?

edit : is it the same filament ? If not, is the diameter within acceptable range of the spec ?

Student
    It was with the same filament. I changed it to another one, and it seemed to work just fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Try to check your hot end for a partial blockage. I usually do this by heating the hotend and then inserting a thin metal wire (from a metallic brush for instance) into the tip (from below). Take precautions.

It could be due to increased friction on the filament path but improbable.

OR, would you somehow have modified (by mistake ?) your flow rate parameter ?

edit : is it the same filament ? If not, is the diameter within acceptable range of the spec ?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionoil View Post
    After a somewhat large print job, my printer is now printing all items thinner. How can I fix this? Thanks!
    settings option??????????