Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Wanhao is a Prusa style machine. Good value for money spent. I think it might be a better bet than either of the two initial candidates, and cheaper than both. Look for a heated bed, a bowden feed (as opposed to direct) and a large build space. Stay away from anything proprietary. Nice thing about the Wanhao is that it's a (mostly) prebuilt printer, so if anything goes wrong, you've got backup. With a kit printer you're on your own. (Not that you were looking at kit printers... just mentioning it.)

Hope that helps - Charlie1

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Where do you live ? If you're in the US you can definitely find better machines : I love my printrbot and I think lulzbot has a deserved good reputation.
    If you're in the UK... ask CA and he'll tell you to find a flashforge.
    actually at the moment my recommendation of choice would be the wanhao duplicator i3 v2.1.

Just a lot more user friendly than a replicator clone.

@charlie - the wanhao djprinter mentioned is not the i3 but the replicator 2 clone. Depending on which manufacturer's version you get it's between 2-3 times the cost of the i3 that you mentioned.

The two nozzles does cause a lot of issues for a lot of first time printer owners, so for that reason and the larger build volume I'd recommend the duplicator i3 as a first printer rather than the replicator clones, which do have their individual quirks :-)

Yes i can pretty much do anything with mine, but that's taken over 2 years to get there and a few, minor but essential modifications.
    And I read manuals and listen to advice ;-)

Wanhao keep improving their i3 and it's silly money for a very decent machine.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-26-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    I highly suggest going for a Rep2 clone. The most respected one is the Flashforge Creator Pro, which is now $999, but there are a number of even cheaper and near identical options (WanHao Duplicator for example)

These style of printers are extremely proven, have a huge install base, and are non-proprietary so they are inexpensive to maintain.
    Flashforge is now only $899 on the B&H website. I would highly recommend it over the others--community is huge for a reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12