Close

Latest 3D Print to Break Guinness World Records is Giant Replica of Jon Bently

3D printing and Guinness World Records seem to have an affinity for one another as we’ve reported on numerous times—and while Guinness is known for lots of zany entries, 3D printing is surely adding to them, with everything from 3D printed robots mastering the Rubik’s Cube to the latest, a giant and multi-colored 3D printed replica of Channel Five Gadget show presenter Jon Bently. The 3D printed statue stands over 2.05 meters tall, which translates to approximately 6.72 feet. It was made using a 3D Systems ProJet 660 printer with materials in the form of British gypsum and CMYK inks. They did indeed break the record and Guinness Records will be at the taping of the show to ‘officially adjudicate.’ Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/133104/backface-big-3d-printing/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I guess it begs the question: why ?
    It'sa world record until tomorrow when someone else prints a larger thing on a bigger printer.

The dutch guys who print the furniture could easily knock out something larger.

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm with CA on this one.

I wonder what the criteria here actually are. There are certainly much, MUCH larger things being 3d printed out there in the world today. Surely there is something here that sets it apart from, say, the KamerMaker, which stands 9 meters tall and has printed an entire house already.

Last I checked a house is bigger than a 7 foot tall statue.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    maybe the largest full colour print from a full body scan of a somewhat annoying television presenter made with british gypsum and printed on the night of a full moon during a shower of falling stars :-)
    On a Tuesday.

Engineer-in-Training
    Not to mention the 3d printed electric car, which is fully functional and a lot larger than a 7 foot statue. But it's all black though. Maybe that's it.