Close

Technician

Question Flashforge Extruder Turbo Fan - retrofit to PowerSpec Pro?

Hi all,

I've been puttering around looking for a better PLA solution (you know, curling, brittle separating layers...), beyond the fan shroud I've been using (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537918).

My left extruder has gone non-functional, so I have been looking at alternatives that are less bulky and complex to service. Whilst cruising the forum archives, I saw The Half Stepper (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:551916) mentioned and liked as an alternative for those who don't want the 2nd extruder.. I like the design, but am looking at all alternatives. (installation seems to be complex )

I'm thinking of getting new nozzles, so I want to the Flashforge pages, and see there is a 'Turbo Fan' item there, that seems to Be what shippings with the printer as a stock item now (http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/p...turbo-fan.html).

It may just be that my google-fu is not strong, but I do not see any information about whether this might be something I can retro-fit to my Powerspec 3dPro Flashforge clone, nor to I see any installation tips, if it can be fit.

Can any one in the collective offer an opinion on this?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Cheers,

John

update: I fixed my google fu. This is effective for the left extruder. Looks like the half stepper is the way to go. Thanks!
    Last edited by jdg56; 05-07-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    The turbo fan is the same thing that I have on my PowerSpec Ultra 3D. Try looking for parts for FLashForge Creator Pro.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you know, curling, brittle separating layers...
    Nope don't have that with pla - never had it with pla to be honest. Maybe a little warp way back when.

The solution to all your issues is to print pla between 210-220.
    Hotter is better.
    And buy good pla.

The mk2 active cooling duct is what I use on both machines.

But that's not what's causing your pla problems - it's almost certainly the print temp and the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Nope don't have that with pla - never had it with pla to be honest. Maybe a little warp way back when.

The solution to all your issues is to print pla between 210-220.
    Hotter is better.
    And buy good pla.

The mk2 active cooling duct is what I use on both machines.

But that's not what's causing your pla problems - it's almost certainly the print temp and the brand.
    I printed out the half stepper mod. It works well enough for my needs. The most difficult part is removing the extra extruder and pulling the wires from the loom. I also did it for weight reduction so that it would be less wear and tear on the belts and stepper motors.