Close

hictop reprap prusa i3

Hi guys I am new to 3D printing I got the hictop reprap prusa i3 on Thursday I had a few problems with building it 2 of the bearing were damage so I decided to buy some Igus Drylin RJ4JP-01-08 Bearing they are very quiet ...

The main problem is the head not great the keeps turning I also getting clog up all the time I cleaned the Throat tube because it was blocked the filament had melted to the PTFE in the Throat so order some PTFE for the throat and also order some throats and also some nozzle old ones were 0.4 but made mistake and order 0.5 I been told it just a setting to change

I Have had to cut down screws for the head also heat sink had to redo cut outs the screws did not fit also the throat in the head is moving all the time but I was told you need to wait till heats up and re tighten the throat which I did I also found it was coming loose in the fixing block to do with feeder the grub screw not great I also been told its a good idea to fit a cooling fan over the mosfet keep them cool here the board I have

also seen some have glass on the bed I was thinking of putting glass with clips at the moment its tape not sure if it could be done with this printer
    Attached Images Attached Images

20160506_200948.jpgOk been working on this its has a cheap printer head I order some new throats and also some nozzles and a new feeder metal versions MK8 also installed I sensor for auto bed leveling
    Last edited by 01012k7; 05-07-2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: forgot picture

Also the throat keeps coming loose and in the end the grub screw damage the thread of the unit so had fix it this what I did
    20160506_201011.jpg

I have seated a nut in to the case so I can screw the throat into and I am using locking nut ..
    20160506_201100.jpg

Its all working at the moment printed a few bits end stops 20160507_210626.jpg

Installed 20160507_210843.jpg