Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

One reason to use PETG (vs ABS) is that it does not curl as much on large prints. It is similar to ABS in strength (stronger than PLA) so it makes sense for some categories of parts. What's a "larger print?", generally something that is a few hundred mm in all directions and fairly solid (> 10 mm walls). Hollow cubes and spiral vases don't count ....

Bob
    Last edited by uncle_bob; 08-01-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    As to the pic, yes those look like steam bubbles.

The filament can have absorbed the water at the manufacturers site, not your office.

I have had filament spools and samples from many sources (chinese AND reputable expensive A brands) have this problem right out of the package (PLA, ABS and PETG). There is a post of mine on here somewhere about PETG samples from Formfutura I bought some time ago.

As I process a LOT of filament, this is why I have built my own vacuum oven...

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    The globs on the side surface can also come from a too high flow rate.
    The filament pressure will build up and then at times it will laterally shoot out of the line.
    Try setting the flow rate down just a bit.

If the surface was printed on the bed surface, make sure the surface is clean because all irregularities will show through in the print.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234