Close

Awful print from FF Creator Pro

Hi there. I'm a complete newbie, and I'm having some trouble with my FF Creator Pro, with Simplify3D.

You can see from this photo that my first 'proper' attempt at a print was a bit of a disaster. It's got bits of black mixed in with it, the text is barely legible, the surfaces and edges are all rough, and the auto-generated support material visible cannot be removed (it seems to have been printed solidly).

20160428_161411.jpg 20160428_161429.jpg 20160428_161456.jpg

I used default settings in S3D, optimised for quality. I did change the top/bottom solid layers to 9, but everything else was set to defaults.

Dimensionally the print is correct and sturdy. It just looks awful and has non-removable support material on the inside.

Here's now it looked when it had just finished printing:

P2370183-2.jpg P2370184-2.jpg

Any help would be VERY much appreciated, since I have to get this beast going by hook or by crook

Engineer-in-Training
    The model almost appears to be inside-out..

The black dripping on the sides is due to your second hotend being hot and touching the print.

To limit that, I would advise the following : rotate your print so that the black is on the top and use S3D to ensure that only the active hot end is hot (meaning the white hot ends cuts when reaching the black part and you insert a pause to heat the black hot end at the 1st layer of black).

You can also try to rotate the part on the bed so that the black hot end no longer hovers over the white while printing the white. I'm not certain but if your 2 hotends are far enough appart it could work.

Alternatively, you could try to tune your retract settings, your levelling and clean the hot end... but that won't ensure 100% efficiency.

As to the unremovable support, look in S3D, you should find a "horizontal distance to object" parameter : increase it. It should be at around 0,3mm. You can try 0,6mm.