Close

Fuzzy Print Problem

I have a Flashforge Dreamer and am using Flashprint 3.4. I am having trouble with plastic deposited outside the print. This causes a fuzzy growth on one side. This is plastic that should have been inside the print, so sandpaper does not completely fix it. The problem is worst with a two color print because it reduces the contrast. The picture shows name tags that have voids in the white PLA that should be filled with the red PLA. The red fuzz appears on the side with the red PLA and vice-versa.

Has anyone else seen this? How can I fix it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    is flashprint the slicer ?
    That's where you problem is.

The two files for the different colours aren't insync.

Though why it would happen on a single colour print I can't say - unless it's a single colour with two nested files - in which case it's the same layout issue within the slicer.

Flashprint does the slicing. It does do this with a single extruder and single file.

For two colors, I start with a SolidWorks assembly. I check for interference and there is none. I output two STLs. I load them into Flashprint and it looks good. I select both parts before I do any moving. I always move the two parts together.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RNeil View Post
    Flashprint does the slicing. It does do this with a single extruder and single file.

For two colors, I start with a SolidWorks assembly. I check for interference and there is none. I output two STLs. I load them into Flashprint and it looks good. I select both parts before I do any moving. I always move the two parts together.
    I've never used flashprint sorry, all dual I do with makerware, works like a dream.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it might be worth trying makerware - just to try and eliminate the slicer as the problem.

Any idea what file format the dreamer takes ?
    ie: gcode, x3g or 'other' .

One other thing - when you do the dual colour prints - does it print a wipe wall around the prints ?
    If not then the ozzed filament the wall normally gets rid of will collect round the edges of the print.

It's my one issue with simplify3d - no wipe wall (well it has one but doesn't actually work) so lots of excess filament all over the place.