Close

Good lube or grease for Creator pro?

Just pick up one used, barely. Z-axis started to make some slightly noise last night before I started a print. In a crunch I had some gun oil to the ball screw. I didn't know what you guys use or recommend.

For the ball screw and x axis I would think grease would be better and oil for the rods.

What about lubing the y axis since its way in the back of the machine.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    gun oil is supposed to be really good.
    I tend to wipe the rods with a little lithium grease on kitchen roll.
    Cleans the metal rods as well as adding a little lubrication. I also wipe the 2 z axis guide rods, and give the threaded rod a wipe.
    Every couple of months - or when it starts to make a lot of noise :-)

Has worked for the last 2 years.

The y axis doesn't have anything slide along it, so I've never bothered with it. I guess you could add a tiny bit of oil to the corner bearings - I never have.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    I use gun oil, Slip2000 EWL specifically for the Y and X gantry rods, and lithium grease on the Z axis rod.

I average about 300 print hours a month on my Creator Pro (over 4200hrs since new) and use http://www.triflowlubricants.com/pro...nt-drip-bottle exclusively now on all axis. No particular schedule as some weeks may be near continuous printing... I just listen to the change in sound as it moves x/y directions. z gets a drop at the same time usually.
    a 2oz bottle will last forever, in fact the bottle I now have as oiled my nearly dead motorcycle chain back to life twice and I still have some left.