Close

Student

Need Print Bed Materials?

Hello all,

On behalf of CS Hyde Company we are proud to announce that we have launched our new fully responsive website with a special product section dedicated to 3D Printing.

Materials include: Ultem®/PEI, FEP Tape, Kapton® tape, PET Tape.

All materials can be cut to print bed specifications.

Materials are available backed with or without 3M® adhesives.

Check us out today, http://www.cshyde.com

Thank you,

CS Hyde Company

email: resources@cshyde.com

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I could not find a 3" wide blue tape on your site, do you sell them by any chance? like the very long kapton rolls. I am tired of using multiple pieces to cover a heatbed.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    Hey Geoff-We have a few different blue tapes, but I wouldn't recommend any of them for covering a heatbed. Does it have to be blue? Maybe you can send me a photo of what you are using and I can see if it looks like anything we have. Do you know what the blue material you are using today is made of?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by CShyde View Post
    Hey Geoff-We have a few different blue tapes, but I wouldn't recommend any of them for covering a heatbed. Does it have to be blue? Maybe you can send me a photo of what you are using and I can see if it looks like anything we have. Do you know what the blue material you are using today is made of?
    I find it odd you wouldn't recommend them when you are unsure of the tape I am even talking about...

I have experimented with many many types of tape and surfaces and I found the one I use to be the absolute best, on all of my machines whether they are heated or not. I use a fresh bed on most prints so I want a roll that will cover the bed in one strip, like a 5.5" kapton roll.

I currently use 3M 2" Blue tape, model 2093EL no it doesn't have to be blue but I find that has the best surface as it is not shiny slippery like the Gold or yellow and it's not rough like a BuildTak surface. What it's made from, well if you are tape suppliers I think you might have a better understanding of that than me.

I am basically looking for that exactly what I have or similar but in a 3" or larger width so I don't have to use multiple strips. Ideally 5-6" is what I'm after.

Student
    I think I didn't respond very well, sorry. I was saying of the blue tapes we have, I wouldn't recommend any of them. Sorry about that. From the link you sent, the blue "painters" tape, isn't a tape that we supply or have stock on. I can contact our 3M rep and see if it is a product we are able to procure from them. We have the capability to cut to any size you need, so if we are able to bring in a large log and cut it to your size, we can help with that. I will check and get back to you as soon as I hear from him.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I think I didn't respond very well, sorry. I was saying of the blue tapes we have, I wouldn't recommend any of them. Sorry about that. From the link you sent, the blue "painters" tape, isn't a tape that we supply or have stock on. I can contact our 3M rep and see if it is a product we are able to procure from them. We have the capability to cut to any size you need, so if we are able to bring in a large log and cut it to your size, we can help with that. I will check and get back to you as soon as I hear from him.
    Thanks, sorry I wasn't meaning to be rude, that's fair enough - I'm glad you were honest about your blue tape stock, look forward to hearing from you.

I can see how I read that wrong, my apoloigies lol...
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-22-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Thanks, sorry I wasn't meaning to be rude, that's fair enough I'm glad you were honest about your blue tape stock, look forward to hearing from you.
    Its okay we are just trying to help. We just received word back from our rep and unfortunately the "blue" tape you listed is not available in master rolls. However he recommended something different but very similar if you are willing to try a sample cut to 5-6" please email resources@cshyde.com with your shipping info.

Thank you. Have a great day!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Its okay we are just trying to help. We just received word back from our rep and unfortunately the "blue" tape you listed is not available in master rolls. However he recommended something different but very similar if you are willing to try a sample cut to 5-6" please email resources@cshyde.com with your shipping info.

Thank you. Have a great day!
    I will do, thanks. If you are going to cut it I'll get it at 5.5", I would only need one or two samples.

thanks for your help.

p.s I know a silly question, but you guys wouldn't possibly be able to do round cuts could you? I also use 4 x delta machines, varying from 150mm to 180mm diameter, and I use a few pieces of tape and cut around the edge, it would be so nice to just use one big round cut of tape, but this is not something that's easy to find, there would be a fair bit of wastage cutting circles out of a length I imagine.

Student
    Your welcome, Please send your shipping address to resources@cshyde.com so we can ship out your samples.

Also, we are able to cut to round cuts we will send you some of those too.

Hope they work out for you!

Student
    Just an update we added some standard sizes to the site like a 200mmx200mm etc. for some common printers. Also a diameter cut as well.