Close

Student

Looking for information on accuracy, print size, and material specifications.

Several others and I have been watching this project for a while and all of us have some questions. I'm going to list them under sub headings for easier reading and referencing.

Accuracy:
    Have any of you done 20 to 50 mm (or larger) cubes?
    How close to expected output on a given measurement can you expect?
    Does environmental vibration have a large impact on print quality? Also, has anyone tried to isolate the printer from vibration with foam or shock mounts or anything to see if it improves accuracy?
    Does the printer/resin handle full-density prints well?
    How repeatable are prints?
    What kind of surface quality is typical?
    Is it possible to calibrate the printer well enough to achieve +/- 0.2mm tolerances on a given part?

Print size:
    What is the largest print achieved thus far?
    Are there hard/soft limits to X, Y, or Z axis measurements?
    Is there a hard/soft limit to the amount of time the printer can run in a single print?

Material specifications:
    Is there any information at all on the mechanical properties of the cured resin? A material data sheet would be ideal, but I'll take what I can get.

Other:
    What file types can the slicing software handle?

Thank you all in advance for your help. I like the idea behind this printer, but I really need more information.

Technician
    from my understanding of the peachy printer,

size limits are depending upon the height of the printer laser assembly above the build tank,

accuracy of prints depends upon the calibration of the printer in its full assembly (ie how firmly the printer laser assemby is fixed in position relating to the position of the build tank) along with the calibration of the printer,

I think that makerjuice resin might have MDS's available, but that is a matter for the supplier of the resin to have/offer,

slicing information, as the slicing software is common ones eg cura/etc with a size scaling factor and the peachy software having a shrinking factor available ( to handle the issues of the slicers being set up for fff printers and far fewer layers per mm(typically between 3 & 30 layers per mm height) ahile the peachy can produce hundreds to thousands of layers per mm (depending upon build tank area vs drip rate of the water that supports the resin/print)