Close

Top and Bottom of Build Truncated

I am just getting started with my FlashForge Creator Pro. Finally got all the software to work and communicate between printer and laptop. My test was the whistle and the top and bottom were both missing. I am sure that someone directly knows why, and I hope you can speed me along towards success. I am also sure this is the first post of many. Help is appreciated and needed!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Hmm Top and bottom were missing??? the only thing that could cause that is you have it set to 0 top and bottom layers. What slicing software are you using?
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hmm Top and bottom were missing??? the only thing that could cause that is you have it set to 0 top and bottom layers. What slicing software are you using?
    I am using Replicator G. I found the setting for bottom and fixed that. Not sure why the top was missing the first time, but it was back for my second print. I had it set to print only 0.3mm outer layers, and it was easy to miss the bottom with bottom not set to 0.

Now I am having a good time with a total mess on my build platform. This blue s**t does not make for an easy release and I see that I need to get a removable glass plate. Currently out of stock on Amazon where I could get free shipping. I have wasted around $2 worth of acetone and just started scraping with a tool to try to get the plastic coating I speared all around off the platform. Ahhh the learning curve.

Thank you for your help!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    I am using Replicator G. I found the setting for bottom and fixed that. Not sure why the top was missing the first time, but it was back for my second print. I had it set to print only 0.3mm outer layers, and it was easy to miss the bottom with bottom not set to 0.

Now I am having a good time with a total mess on my build platform. This blue s**t does not make for an easy release and I see that I need to get a removable glass plate. Currently out of stock on Amazon where I could get free shipping. I have wasted around $2 worth of acetone and just started scraping with a tool to try to get the plastic coating I speared all around off the platform. Ahhh the learning curve.

Thank you for your help!
    Use 3M Blue painters tape, not the stuff they put on the machine. The 3M tape is not as porous and your prints come off pretty easy. Just don't wait hours and then pull them off, the sooner you get them off, the easier it is, no matter what surface you are using.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - the printer extrudes a bead that is 0.4mm wide. Makes it tricky to print anything 0.3mm thick.

best advice lose rep-g.
    get makerware desktop, stickied link top of this forum section.
    Not as good as simplify3d (no matter what geoff says) but it is pretty good.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    lol - the printer extrudes a bead that is 0.4mm wide. Makes it tricky to print anything 0.3mm thick.

best advice lose rep-g.
    get makerware desktop, stickied link top of this forum section.
    Not as good as simplify3d (no matter what geoff says) but it is pretty good.
    WTF?

Makerware desktop sucks on the flashforge, well on mine it does, its terrible. Makerware MAKERWARE is what I use.. not that new streaming cloud crap makerbot push on people.

I use Simplify3D alot, just not for the Flashforge, Makerware 64bit just works best, no frigging around, load model, slice, print.