Close

How to Contact Makerbot Support

Hi All;

Sorry to ask this if it has already been asked. I did search around, but found nothing.

Is there a way to contact Makerbot Support without paying the $100.00 they want? I bought my 5 Gen printer for the family for Christmas, but didn't start using it until after New Years. Now my Smart Extruder is plugged and I have no way of contacting them, because they say that my coverage is over. Who in the hell covers a $4000+ CDN machine for a Jeezly-$@*& 60 days! Had I known that, I would not have bought the thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Student
    That's rough. Not much you can do about Makerbot Support, but what I would recommend is using that $100 and buy a Smart Extruder+. They're normally $200 but if you own a replicator you can get 50% off for the time being. Also, those come with a 6-month warranty.

As far as your clogged extruder... if you're feeling confident, you could always take it apart and clear the blockage. There's a few Youtube videos of folks doing it - keep in mind taking apart your Smart Extruder will void the extruder's warranty.. but since that's already expired... =]

Quote Originally Posted by oic-u3d2 View Post
    That's rough. Not much you can do about Makerbot Support, but what I would recommend is using that $100 and buy a Smart Extruder+. They're normally $200 but if you own a replicator you can get 50% off for the time being. Also, those come with a 6-month warranty.

As far as your clogged extruder... if you're feeling confident, you could always take it apart and clear the blockage. There's a few Youtube videos of folks doing it - keep in mind taking apart your Smart Extruder will void the extruder's warranty.. but since that's already expired... =]
    Thanks for the reply.

I actually did end up taking it apart. I was very careful on how I took it apart and how I put it back together. The cooling tube above the nozzle block was clogged with melted plastic, as was the nozzle. I heated both slowly in the oven and cleaned out the blockage with a paperclip and canned air. It was all nice and clean, so I put it back together.

Now, the freekin' thing gives an error 57: Heater Temperature Sag Triggered. What the %@#&^ is that?? The damn thing heats up, reaches the printing temperature, then drops off as if it can't maintain the heat.

I'm extremely unimpressed with this thing. It is extremely expensive and the company is equivalent to a snake oil salesman. Very poor quality.

But thank you very much for your help and your time.

Thanks ....... I'm extremely unimpressed with this thing. It is extremely expensive and the company is equivalent to a snake oil salesman. Very poor quality.