Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If you have one around you, ACE Hardware is another place that cuts glass for cheap. I've been getting my 10" x 10" glass beds there for under $3.

I finally got the printer put all together to the point i could print the rumba board mount. there is a definite increase in quality going from the hexagon to the e3d hot end. Now my i3v was a pre 16 model so i did have to buy 4 extra t slot nuts and the 60cm ribbon cables. and make sure to print the appropriate parts that you will need before tearing your current printer down. i didn't and then i thought about it and just said screw it and bought them.

Engineer
    I never noticed a increase in print quality from a Hexagon to a E3Dv6

Well I'm finally getting rid of my Da-Vinci 1.0 for one of these bad boys.
    Spoke to Colin and I will be doing a dual E3D V6 as I have been keen on printing more complex parts.
    Printer should get here by the end of the week.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Around here Lowes is the place to get glass cut. The only real trick is to start from a fairly large sheet. That way you get a reasonable number of usable results. They do not do anything for the edges so the cuts are going to be sharp. Just about any hardened steel object can be used to take off the worst of it. If you want to go crazy there are fancier ways to do it.

Bob

12" mirror tiles. Work great and cheaper than getting it cut. Also they seem to be flatter/more even than lowes cut glass

Just ordered my 12" Pegasus today. This will be my 2nd printer after crappy Davinci2.0
    Will this PSU work okay?

Quote Originally Posted by leadpan View Post
    Just ordered my 12" Pegasus today. This will be my 2nd printer after crappy Davinci2.0
    Will this PSU work okay?
    It will. However, I have ordered 3 similar power supplies from different suppliers on amazon. They all appear to be the same power supply. I had one die within 3 months, and another within a month which is why I am on my third (at least the second one was within the return window).

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

The MeanWell brand supply that is listed in all of the build doc's runs well and lasts forever and ever. The problem with it is that you can easily find ripoff copies on all sorts of sites. There are a number of distributors all over the world that will sell you the real thing. One of the many is TRC:

http://www.trcelectronics.com/View/M...S-350-12.shtml

The new low profile version (in the link) at $33 looks like a pretty good deal. I have no idea what other dealers are selling the same thing for. If you are outside the US, a dealer in your country probably will be cheaper.

I would avoid PC power supplies due to weird per output loading requirements and marginal protection on the outputs. I am not a big fan of eBay power supplies, they seem to die early. The "real thing" is adjustable (a very good thing) and has lots of protection (also a good thing). That's not to say there is only one vendor that makes good supplies. There are several dozen out there who make excellent industrial power supplies. None of them make PC power supplies, so if that is the area you are familiar with, the names all are going to be new to you.

Bob

Student
    I am just about ready to order one for myself. I'm waiting until I unload a set of stereo speakers that I don't listen to anymore. I'll let you know when I take the plunge.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast