Close

Technician

When will 3D Printers hit retail stores?

When do you guys think we will start seeing 3D printers appear in stores like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc? I think it's only a matter of time, and when it does happen, if these stores have display units, millions will sell.

Well products like Peachy printer could, since they are low as price goes, small, and should be easy to use over some time when everythings polished.

I doubt products like Replicator 5 will just since they cost way to much.

They've been selling the Cube 3D printer at Staples for a while now, its around $1300 if I remember right.

I think we could very likely see the big names like the Replicator and Cube in Best Buy as well as other retail chains as soon as the end of this year. Amazon just announced that they are selling 3D printed objects. Clearly they see the way things are headed. Retails chains better get on the ball.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Makerbot is already in the Microsoft stores.

Although the number of companies getting involved in this industry is growing in a very fast pace, i doubt we will have quality products in great availability this year, maybe just something premature from someone trying to get a step in the fierce competition.

I would think that Makerbot and Cubify would be trying their best to convince Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, etc in the US to carry their printers. In store demonstrations would be tremendous.

I'm in the US and as I stated Staples has been selling Cubify printers and stuff for a while. You can also order prints online and pick them up at the store.