Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flexy-Hand

Student
    I just bought a Mark forged 3d printer that can print nylon, fiberglass, kevlar and carbon fiber. Would it have a significant impact on the current prosthetic models?

Thanks,

I'm seriously considering using the flexy-hand as the basis of the design for a robotic hand, using servos to move each finger individually. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks for sharing this @Gyrobot . I too am creating a black version of the Flexi-Hand on my Prusa i3 Mk3.
    I've got all the fingers attached, cables (fishing line) ready to connect to the tensioners, and wanted to pick your brain about 2 things: Tensioner Adjustments and Grip Strength.

1) It appears that you've tied off your lines to the tensioners and they're at different heights. Is that so that you can accommodate the finger range? Looks like you've also got some screw hardware on the back part of the arm brace. What size and type are you using? From the brace, I printed out it looks like maybe a #6 or #8 woodscrew because they are countersunk, but thought you'd know what works best.

2) So far as grip goes, how strong is it? Can you pick up things like coffee mugs and soda cans, or is it not strong enough for that? Can you adjust grip strength through the tensioners or you always going to be beholden to the angle the wrist can bend at the joint?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    arezendes

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrobot View Post
    The original Flexy-Hand has been integrated into a myoelectric arm :

http://enablingthefuture.org/2014/07...oelectric-arm/

The topic's a long time ago, you probably won't get an answer...

4237 Reynolds Alley Los Angeles, CA 90017
    The Original Prusa i3 MK3S is our pick for the "Best 3D Printer in June 2020

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234