Close

Question 3D CAD software that works on QHD / Windows 10 dispay

Hey Folks,

I recently upgraded to a new laptop, it's got a QHD display (a little less than 4k) in a 15" screen.

The software I was used to using (Fusion 360) does not scale correctly on this screen (I currently run at 250% scaling for easy reading).

Does anyone know of any 3D cad software that scales correctly with Windows 10 and high density displays?

I've lowered scaling, but everything else get's super tiny.

I've also tried lowering the resolution, but that makes everything else look kind of terrible.

CAD I could run native would be the preference. Bonus if it's free...

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you,

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    good luck with that.
    The sensible option is to halve the resolution and run the icons at 125% - that's what i had to do with the laptop i set up for a client last night.

Set a new 4k monitor up for a client recently. Could not get adobe photoshop to play ball.

Hi-res screens are all well and good - but alas most software doesn't support them.

In case people are wondering what the problem is. The menus and in program text become absolutely tiny and I've yet to come across a program that lets you adjust their size.

So pretty much no cad software is supporting this yet huh? I'm surprised windows doesn't let you custom scale specific software, maybe one day...

Student
    Add CarterTG on Thingiverse
    One of the McNeel guys recently put out a tweak for those rockin' Rhino3D on high rez displays:

http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/5/video...olution_screen

Not the answer you were looking for but you should generally buy a PC that fits the requires of your software (since you already have the SW).