Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    I cut the print speed back to 15% for the first 4 layers just to be safe.
    I have been in touch with MetltInk as well last night. I am trying some changes based on that info now.
    The filament definitely needs some higher temps than PLA alone. I am able to make chain units with a raft, Benchy at its basic size. Once I get over those sizes in either diameter or height it goes nuts and lets go. I have the bed leveled so nice that I have seen improvements even in my ABS and PeTG prints.
    I will keep working on the PLA/PHA.
    MeltInk gave me a link to a great thread as well for settings people tried with.
    https://forums.pinshape.com/t/meltin...omments/685/10

Some people seem to have less warping with out the blower on but when I tried with it off or below 60% after the first 5 layers the warping hits fast and nasty.

Experimenting is fun I was just surprised at the pain with the MeltInk once I dialed it in with Benchy and the two color frog. Things bigger seem to mess up.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

I've been getting much better results with PrintBite and MeltInk PLA/PHA.
    Top cover on the Qidi Dual, nozzle 210, bed 70, door open, layer 1 thru 3 fan 0, 90% the rest. Speed 40mm/s, 0.95 multiplier, 20% infill, . 2000 .
    Still warping on bigger parts but killer detail coming in now.
    I also ran a test with some new Prospec PLA , amethyst. Same settings just to compare. Came out great , no warping , great details that the camera is not even picking up due to the translucent quality .
    PrintBite is kicking ass with everything except for the pla/pha and that I'm getting dialed in .

I will post some pics in a few mins still uploading .
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah for pla it's just brilliant.

Going to do some pet-g today, need stronger threads on a project :-)

Here are some of the pics.
    The Amethyst it is hard to take a pic of all the little details that came out great. I was really surprised.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

What are you using to clean the PrintBite with? I was thinking just a quick wipe with rubbing alcohol.
    I have some litter on there just want to wipe off but I do not want to use the wrong stuff.
    PrintBite is working nice I am really liking it. No more glue sticks and the bottoms are so flat. It is the way I thought glass would do. No textures and such on the print. Very nice.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

clean ?

I did give it a quick wipe with acetone about 3 months ago. Alcohol would work just as well I guess :-)

Otherwise - as long as you don't rub the oils from your fingers on it - doesn't really need cleaning.
    If I haven't printed for a few days - not happening at the moment. I'll just wipe the dust off with some kitchen roll :-)

Just some scattered plastic bits on surface I didn't want to use my hands. I've been using just a paper towel. I wanted to make sure that alcohol wouldn't hurt it if I used it .
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

can't imagine it would, just wipe a bit of a corner first if you're worried.
    If it discolours then don't use it on the rest. if it stays shiny - it's fine to use on the rest. Discolouration is a sign that the alcohol can dissolve the material - I'd be extremely surprised if it was effected.

Think I've got the colorfabb pet-g nailed for larger items. 70 surface temp on the bed (80c on the s3d settings because of all the stuff I've got stacked on the heatpad), 245 printing temp and a lot of smoosh on the first layer. Printed a couple of tall things with very little surface area on the bed. No sign of warp and still well stuck at the end of the print.
    Same item at 60c and 240 came off about halfway. Little changes can make a lot of difference.

Didn't even need to recalibrate the bed :-)

Like the colour of that amethyst.

And yep that's one thing about the printbite - because it is perfectly flat and smooth you don't get any vertical ripples from minor bed imperfections which you tend to get with most things.

But isn't it great to just print stuff without worrying about it sticking or having to wrestle it off the bed afterwards :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-24-2016 at 05:45 AM.

I have some ColorFab PeTG to try out as well. I will start with those settings. I have to find something I want to print though. LOL
    The amethyst is nice. I was surprised in a good way. Another affordable PLA that is good.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It is hard to photograph the amethyst as it reflects so much. The piece has better detail than the gold even. Quite cool.
    The flatness of it is a nice bonus you are right.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Engineer-in-Training
    I use PrintBite surface on my PowerSpec 3D Pro (Flashforge Creator clone). When I print a model using Hatchbox PLA filament, I set the heatbed temperature to 60 degrees C and the extrusion temperature to 190 degrees C. The cooling fan is on 100%. The bottom of the model is "fatter" than the rest of the model and the corners are lifted. How can I fix the problem?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast