Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I will check back in a few mins then. The rep from there said they were out of most of them and for some reason several showed up as in stock. I was thinking going larger like you suggest to get an extra. I will ping them first and ask.
    I almost pulled the trigger on the Borosilicate glass last night but I dont want the size that is a bit too small or the size that is just over-sized so I am trying to source one that is the correct size for the QIDI printer.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Just get a bigger bit and 'cut' it to size.
    The logical one is the 30x30 - which gives you two beds for a few quid more than the cost of one.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Nice!!
    I have made the center plug under the bed, the door clip and I am making the other interior caps today.
    I have not gotten to the parts bin, I just finished a mount system for my RPi3 and Pi Cam and mounted them up a few mins ago. I had my OctoPi system hanging all over the place now it is nice and neat, just have to make ribbon cable clips and all will be good. I will upload pics later.
    This one is not by cncartist, but is an exceptionally useful hinge for the QiDi's front door. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1697406 If you slide it to the right it locks the door up in the open position, rotate down by 30 degrees and you can lift to remove the entire door. Kind of made the door clip unnecessary though.

These look handy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    This one is not by cncartist, but is an exceptionally useful hinge for the QiDi's front door. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1697406 If you slide it to the right it locks the door up in the open position, rotate down by 30 degrees and you can lift to remove the entire door. Kind of made the door clip unnecessary though.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Engineer-in-Training
    Can I use glue sticks on Printbite?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yes - but why ?
    anything that sticks to gluestick will naturally stick to printbite.

The thing about printbite is that when it is hot most filaments will stick really well to it, when it cools down parts become loose.
    If - like me - you are impatient then wait a few minutes and hit the part with a plastic hammer and it knocks it loose.
    The other thing about printbite is that it is an extremely tough and hard surface that is perfectly smooth. Giving the base of the printer item a really smooth shiny finish.
    Using gluestick on it will not only ruin the finish, but actually reduce it's usefullness by stopping the release of models when it's cooled down and also reducing the grip when it's hot.

Check my thread for things you don't use with printbite - so far just got a few. If you use a flexible rubber fliament you might - conceivably - use a very light layer of pva to stop it sticking too much to the printbite, but you'd be better off just switching to flexible pla - which works fine without pva.

The only thing I would absolutely not use on printbite is Mymat nylon. It end up with an almost permament weld. That said it works great on pva and is the only nylon filamet I've tried that does not warp and will print really well without a heated print volume.
    It's just not compatitble with printbite.

Engineer-in-Training
    I thought that ESUN PETG doesn't stick well to Printbite. The first layer and especially supports don't stick well to Printbite. I set the heated bed temperature to 85 degrees. the parts come off Printbite very easily without using any force. I think that the bed leveling may be off.

ESUN PETG sticks perfectly on clean glass that's at 80c. I've never needed anything else special to get it to stick.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Esun Petg sticks great at 60c.
    In fact I only use 60c for everything.
    you do need a tighter calibration with the Petg than with pla
    but other than that it works brilliantly. The esun Petg in particularly sticks really well and doesn't seem to warp at all

Engineer-in-Training
    How should I clean the Printbite surface? I leveled the bed a few times and it appeared to work better. Curious Aardvark, what machine and slicer do you have?

I just ran a test print of two RPi camera ribbon clips with the ESun PeTG and it worked really well. I need to get some PrintBite though.
    They cut and ship to size so that rules. Msg is being sent to them in a min for it.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Esun Petg sticks great at 60c.
    In fact I only use 60c for everything.
    you do need a tighter calibration with the Petg than with pla
    but other than that it works brilliantly. The esun Petg in particularly sticks really well and doesn't seem to warp at all
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast