Close

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse

Lightbulb 3D Printer Carbon/HEPA Air Scrubber Assembly

Hey guys, I know we've talked about 3D printing ABS/Nylon emissions before, and many fee it's not a problem which is fine. For those of us who do print ABS/Nylon, especially in a small room, and want to take some precautions, I've re-designed Rod Laird's respirator Air Scrubber for use. The design is specifically adapted for the FFCP, but I suspect may be useful for other printers

Why did I re-design it?
    My testing (can be seen in this video) shows for those using the Neiko 621 respirator that it doesn't work very well and that you need to run the motor up to an ear blistering >9vdc to move any air through the respirator, and that's with using a Delta high static pressure fan. I was disappointed enough to take Rod's great design and re-work it a bit and came up with a solution that I believe works much better. I posted all the files on Thingiverse last month (you can find them here), and I really wanted to make a video on how to construct it. That took WAY longer than I though it would.

If you guys get a chance, can you check out the assembly video and critic it?

Banned
    Chitu V3.6 Printer controller boards

3D printer's Controller boards are the brains of your 3D printer, and their processing power determines how nice or how detailed

your finished prints will be. Chitu V3.6 Printer controller boards are expanding to include boards with more features that allow for

higher resolution through microstepping. She provides on-board wifi, SD card, USB, Internet. There's also more powerful processors

for complex calculations, and Chitu V3.6 boards can run her own operating system ucos II .

The Chitu V3.6 based boards with an 32-bit processor.

Many of the features that Delta owners are used to like Delta calibration and endstop offset, Cartesian printer were supported.
    Hopefully the developers also allow more ways for users to customize their printer profiles for advanced users with more G code support.

if you want to know more, please feel free to contact me.