Close

Can M3D be run using iPad?

I have been using my Mac but it ties it up so I switched to a PC laptop which is a PITA! (I am not a windows person) I saw a video where someone was running with a samsung computer/tablet hybrid and I was wondering if it is possible to run with my iPad. Sure would solve a few problems.

Student
    Follow Elysian On Twitter
    The Samsung computer/tablet hybrid is probably running Windows. You won't be able to run your M3D off an iPad, it doesn't even have a USB port, much less the software. You're stuck with Windows or Mac.

The best you can do is set up a cheap machine running octoprint and control the print via your iPad browser.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you can run one from android too.

But basically ipads suck, apple os sucks and they don't seem to have the slightest interest in making them un-suck.

You can buy a half decent android tablet for $100 use that and keep the ipad for showing people how much money you like to spend on useless bits of crap :-)

Don't waste you time. The cheapest and best supported solution is a raspberry pi running octoprint with m3d fio.
    You may be able to get this working under android, but it will cost more and be less well supported.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    raspberry pi's aren't the most user friendly things around.
    But certainly cheap and effective, and most people can follow a youtube video :-)

+1 for using M3D FIO w/ a Pi. Some good info / step-by-step for using Octopi, Micro and M3D FIO here.

nope.

sorry kido.