Close

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Good deal its been a while since ive used pronterface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donziboy2 View Post
    I had no problems running the extruder with pronterface while the hotend was cold.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by flatty_420 View Post
    ...Pronterface will run the extruder motor with a cold hotend
    But just to clarify, the printer prevents cold extrusion, not Pronterface or other host software. Either the printer firmware has things set to allow cold extrusion, or the printer is receiving an M302 gcode command to enable it. IMO, allowing cold extrusion by default isn't a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    But just to clarify, the printer prevents cold extrusion, not Pronterface or other host software. Either the printer firmware has things set to allow cold extrusion, or the printer is receiving an M302 gcode command to enable it. IMO, allowing cold extrusion by default isn't a good idea.
    Agree with all that. Ask me why... ;-)

We are talking about the manual controls. If your trying to extrude with a cold hotend with everything assembled then you deserve to have to clean up a mess.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Donziboy2 View Post
    We are talking about the manual controls...
    Doesn't matter. The printer still shouldn't typically be allowing it. Who knows - maybe pronterface IS sending an M302 when you manipulate the manual controls.

Doesn't matter. The printer still shouldn't typically be allowing it. Who knows - maybe pronterface IS sending an M302 when you manipulate the manual controls.
    It shows the output I can look when I get home.

I'm on hold yet again waiting for a new stepper driver in the mail. This is becoming very frustrating... I hate waiting for crap in the mail. Makerfarm may be very fast to respond to contact but that is a bag full of fasteners and 3 motor mounts that were not originally in the package and now a defective stepper driver right out of the box. I'm a little disappointed.

A new stepper driver fixed the problem.

PLA

ABS

Technologist
    I'm pretty impressed by the bridging at the top of the cube..., i.e., the cube appears to have had no infill...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast